PDA

View Full Version : Need help connecting to Xbox Live

Sharkey
July 11th, 2006, 14:49
I bought an Xbox 360 yesterday and for some reason it won't connect to Xbox Live.
I have contacted my isp and they took down my machines mac address but all they ended up doing is screwing up my internet connection.
I called them back and they fixed my internet connection but I still can't connect with my Xbox.

I am using all of the default automatic settings but I have tried inputting them manually also.
My connection shouldn't require any ppoe or any other info from my isp so this should be good enough, but it's not.

So I went to the Xbox.com/setup site and I still couldn't figure out why it won't connect.

Anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix it?
I'm anxious to take my machine online, besides I don't want to own a 360 that I can't use online.

I must get this fixed, any help is greatly appreciated.

Skye
July 11th, 2006, 19:48
What router are you using and who is your ip?

When you go to your network test screen on which test does it fail on?

Sharkey
July 11th, 2006, 20:30
What router are you using and who is your ip?

When you go to your network test screen on which test does it fail on?

I don't use a router at all, and I don't connect through my pc.
I just have the cable running from my modem directly into the back of the Xbox and when I want to use the internet I'll just move the cable to the back of my pc.

The internet works fine on my pc so I know it's not that.

Somehow I have it set up wrong even though it is suppose to be automatic.

I have GWI for an isp but they say they have other customers that have Xbox live with no problems.
They are a local company btw.

It fails whenever I try to make an account, it will say connection failed, test the settings or get help from xbox.com/setup which still didn't help me.

Whenever I test the connection it fails whether I have all of the settings on auto or if I put them on maually.
I don't get it. :confused:
I have tried alot but I'll keep trying, I have to get it working.
I remember setting up my network adapter for PS2 was a snap, this has been a day long headache.

SmashinGit
July 11th, 2006, 23:11
You need a router.

Sharkey
July 12th, 2006, 00:34
You need a router.

From what I've heard having a router will just cause more problems.
I thinking hooking it up directly would be the best way to go.

What do I know though, the shit still don't work.
Good thing I don't plan on gaming online much.
I mostly just wanted to be connected for updates and such.

mesosade
July 12th, 2006, 19:13
direct modem connection maybe? BUT it's a bitch to do