PDA

View Full Version : Digger Port

Eric
July 17th, 2004, 05:40
Okay i have put it in reply to the Rogue port and looks like nobody cared. Which i dont mind cause it should be in development forum topic. I do have to ask for this i was talking to quzar about it and he said that he was unable to do it.

Now i dont know how anyone else is in the scene but if they are able to this one it would be great. Now the reason why i am requesting this is cause this was a game i used to play back in the days. It maybe not be that great but i found it fun.

Also i read something on the site where the owner was talking to the original author and the reason why i am bringing this up is cause people say that Dig Dug was released first it mentions that it wasnt. Anyways here is a site with a lot of images, source codes and much more:

http://www.digger.org/index.html

Kamjin
July 17th, 2004, 19:27
I took a look at the source there's two types, one is DOS
based the other in SDL based.. Something is wrong with my
SDL setup, and there's other things I'm working on. But if
no-one does it in the mean time I'll add it on to the queue..
but it might take a while.. if It's not to difficult..

and yes DigDug is a "copy" of digger.

Eric
July 17th, 2004, 21:19
thanks i didnt want to post it here and make it sound rude i figured that you didnt reply cause the post was for rogue and i come in and post a reply for a port sorry for that

Kamjin
July 18th, 2004, 00:14
Nah,
The opposite, posts like these are actually good. The idea
to port Rogue, and Risc actually came from older requests
on dcemulation.. whenever I need a break from work..
or get annoyed with my current project I dig
through these kind of messages to get some ideas
on what to do..

Eric
July 18th, 2004, 00:42
Thats cool i have been doing requests for probably about a month now. Whenever i find anything interesting in C++ and i know what i am looking at might be able to be ported to dreamcast.

I put a post of it to whoever wants to port it.

Eric