PDA

View Full Version : PSPAtari: Atari 800/130/5200 Emulator for PSP v1.0.4 (skin)

zx-81
July 11th, 2006, 21:52
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspatari-snap-4.jpg

Hi All,

Here is a new version of PSPAtari the emulator of Atari 800, 800XL, 130XE and 5200 series.

* First i would like to thanks Shadow for his beautiful icons and background image :). *

What's new in version 1.0.4 :

- Add icons and background designed by *Shadow* !
- Modify the UI to be able to use custom background images (transparency)
- Sleep mode is now working (but only when you're in the emulator window)

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

Enjoy, :D

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xiringu
July 11th, 2006, 22:11
c'mon man, go outside, there's a whole world waiting for you far from the psp...don't you know?

hahahaha

good job ZX...as always :)

zx-81
July 11th, 2006, 22:13
http://zx81.dcemu.co.uk/images/smilies/w103.gif

ACID
July 11th, 2006, 23:10
Great job man. What planet did you say you where from again your unbelievable.Big ups to ZX.
I mean it takes me longer to come up with new back rounds than it takes you to give us a new release.:D

wazzal7
July 13th, 2006, 02:20
Great job! Love these classics!

semagalreves
July 20th, 2006, 04:38
Thank very much...
I love Atari and PSP

Basil Zero
July 23rd, 2006, 00:05
When you mean 800, dont u mean 7800?

ByteMaster
July 23rd, 2006, 22:39
When you mean 800, dont u mean 7800?

No the 7800 ProSystem is totally different hardware.

Has anyone gotten the save slots to work? I can only use the top slot...

zx-81
July 23rd, 2006, 22:50
No the 7800 ProSystem is totally different hardware.

Has anyone gotten the save slots to work? I can only use the top slot...

Yes. May be you have not properly unzipped the archive, and a 'save' directory is missing in the PSPAtari game directory ?

;)

ByteMaster
July 23rd, 2006, 23:32
Yes. May be you have not properly unzipped the archive, and a 'save' directory is missing in the PSPAtari game directory ?

;)

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Yes, There is a save directory (ms0:/PSP/GAME/__SCE__PSPAtari/save/) and that's where the saved games go. I just can't get the "Change Slot" in the menu to work (the 1 - used stays highlighted in pink and 2 - empty to 5 - empty are unreachable).

zx-81
July 23rd, 2006, 23:43
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Yes, There is a save directory (ms0:/PSP/GAME/__SCE__PSPAtari/save/) and that's where the saved games go. I just can't get the "Change Slot" in the menu to work (the 1 - used stays highlighted in pink and 2 - empty to 5 - empty are unreachable).

Go on the save slot menu, then with the left and right keys you can highlight the slot you want, and press X to save ;)

ByteMaster
July 23rd, 2006, 23:57
Go on the save slot menu, then with the left and right keys you can highlight the slot you want, and press X to save ;)

Great! Thanks!!

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 00:00
ZX rules

ACID
July 24th, 2006, 00:00
Hey ZX aver though about giving us a RAINE emulator or maibe a good SMS emu if anybody can you can cause your the man

ByteMaster
July 30th, 2006, 05:53
I've been testing with Nadral, comparing to the windows version of Atari800, and it appears PSPAtari ignores the HIFI POKEY setting in the Sound Settings in Atari800 Menu.

The .atari800.cfg file will have the correct entry
ENABLE_NEW_POKEY=1
when you save the settings.

It believe it's VOL_ONLY_SOUND for the "Spieler Eins Los" that is a dead giveaway whether it's using the old or the newer POKEY emulation; if you can hear it, it's the old POKEY, if you can't, it's the newer POKEY emulation.

I was hoping using the HiFi POKEY would fix some problems with sound distortion that don't happen in the Windows version.

P.S.
PSPAtari and Bookr are tied for #1 in my PSP homebrew usage, so I'm not trying to "dis".

Ashika
August 26th, 2006, 01:43
Sorry if this is considered gravedigging but I have a question. How do you get passed the start screen thingy? So I loaded the game passed the Atari screen but then I press every button possible but nothing starts the game the example rom im using is PAC-MAN.bin provided with pspatari-v1.0.4.

ByteMaster
August 26th, 2006, 04:06
Sorry if this is considered gravedigging but I have a question. How do you get passed the start screen thingy? So I loaded the game passed the Atari screen but then I press every button possible but nothing starts the game the example rom im using is PAC-MAN.bin provided with pspatari-v1.0.4.

You load a ROM(.bin/.rom)/Disk (.ATR) then "Reset Atari". The right shoulder pad maps to the Atari's Start button, that works in most cases to start the actual game.

Ashika
August 26th, 2006, 05:19
You load a ROM(.bin/.rom)/Disk (.ATR) then "Reset Atari". The right shoulder pad maps to the Atari's Start button, that works in most cases to start the actual game.

Try with the pacman rom included in the folder. didnt work for me.

ByteMaster
August 27th, 2006, 16:17
Try with the pacman rom included in the folder. didnt work for me.

PAC-MAN.ATR works fine here, after you did Load ROM did you get "File loaded!" in yellow letters? The top right corner Game: indicator in white should also be displaying the loaded file name. Then going to Reset ATARI in the menu and pressing X or O should get you to the game screen. Press the X button to start playing.

Can you try the included DEFENDER.BIN as well?

Ashika
September 4th, 2006, 19:16
Yeah the atari 800 roms work for me but when I have to load 2600/5200 forget which one the one via the other menu the game loads and everything but I dont know how to start gameplay.