PDA

View Full Version : Action Replay CDX Boot Imports?

Vixtro
January 29th, 2010, 22:22
Long story short, my friend recently hacked some codes for the Dreamcast that I wanted to test but I couldn't find my Action Replay CDX disk and after a little while searching I thought, "why not just burn a copy?". So I found a copy on the net, burned it and noticed it had the option to boot games in either PAL or NTSC which wasn't on my original disk.

So I'm asking, does anyone know if this version of Action Replay CDX can boot import Dreamcast games, and I mean real legit copies.

StryfeDc
February 1st, 2010, 03:23
So I'm asking, does anyone know if this version of Action Replay CDX can boot import Dreamcast games, and I mean real legit copies.
If you're interesting in keeping it all legal, destroy the Action Replay copy as it's copyrighted too.

Download one of the free legal alternative like the DCHakker, or Utopia bootdiscs.

BlueCrab
February 1st, 2010, 04:13
If you're interesting in keeping it all legal, destroy the Action Replay copy as it's copyrighted too.

Download one of the free legal alternative like the DCHakker, or Utopia bootdiscs.

Utopia is illegal, as it was made with an illegally obtained copy of the Katana SDK (and it was a hacked up version of a SDK example, IIRC). The only completely legal way to boot imports is DCHakker (without of course owning a real copy of a device capable of doing so).

However, since the question at large applies in general, the Action Replay CDX is able to boot imports, as far as I know (I personally used to use a Code Breaker to do so).

Now.... since the question is answered, and there is a slight tinge of illegality here...

TOPIC LOCKED