PDA

View Full Version : n00b needs help with NDS homebrew hardware ; movieadvance?

arrakis
July 12th, 2006, 06:00
I've been looking around for homebrew hardware for the nintendo DS; and so far, all i've been able to find is this one SD card media player that hooks up to the GBA, you can find it at www.movieadvance.com -- I was wondering if anyone can give me any additional information on it ; and if it should work with the homebrew apps found on this website. Will it work with a DS lite?

Help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Junixx
July 12th, 2006, 07:16
that is the GBAMP v2, which to run NDS homebrew, you must have a firmware hack, which i recommend the CF version, as it has more compatibility with homebrew (i think) it is cheap, but sometimes can eb a hassle to get working (or at least it was for me wheni first started) the M3 (GBA Movie Player 3?) can run commercial DS and GBA roms along with homebrew if you get the CF which, again, has the most compatibility, but the M3 costs about 3x more than a GBAMP v2

For either of these to run in NDS mode you will need a NoPass variant, such as Datels Max Media Launcher or Passcard 3

Heres a link to Chishm GBAMP firmware hack that will allow it to be run in NDS mode (with a NoPass variant)
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/

oh and yes, it will work on a DS lite (im pretty sure...) it will just stick out 1cm further as all GBA carts do

if i am wrong, please correct me ;)

poep
July 12th, 2006, 07:31
Hi to all im new and i am from south africa.And also new in the game i got a psp v2.5 to start with and got some sofware and roms on psp but nothing works

Junixx
July 12th, 2006, 07:37
hmm poep this is a DS thread, i cant help you much, all i know is im pretty sure to get homebrewn software running you will have to downgrade your firmware to 1.5, but check over in the PSP section, im sure you will be able to get more help there

arrakis
July 12th, 2006, 08:22
As far as I read it only works for the CF card reader. What I found was an SD card movie player. Does anyone know if it will work for that?

For the DS Lite, at that? :confused: