PDA

View Full Version : Have U Seen This!

benh
July 12th, 2006, 15:01
I was looking around on youtube at lunch time when I found this -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRx2kyRUPk&search=psp

It appears to be a video of a 2.71 user using a speacil EBOOT program that automatically shuts off your psps power without the use of the power button. If you watch the video he runs the program through the game folder and the psp automatically turns itself off and it is claimed that it is without the use of the UP modchip

Then i searched it in google and found this - http://pspon2.blogspot.com/2006/06/auto-shut-off-psp-hack-firmware-271.html

It appears to be a news post about this hack so i followed the download link to download the file and iv downloaded it but havnt had chance to use it yet as my psps out of battery but will let you know if it works or not later, i'll keep you posted.

If you use it as well let us know!

Download link - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9V19JS6T

or you can get it from this thread

Accordion
July 12th, 2006, 16:41
i think its possible that the the "app" does boot...

but there is no proof any code actually runs, it is more than probable that the firmware realises the code is not signed and shuts down the psp.

all the video proves is that 2.71 can NOT run unsigned code...

...but we all already knew that anyway
dont bother

dalejrrocks
July 12th, 2006, 17:18
yep. all it is is the psp crashing. i can do that on my 1.5.

benh
July 12th, 2006, 18:34
IT WORKS

of course its unsigned code, its an EBOOT file thats not signed by sony that runs on a 2.71 psp, its an exploit, i mean come on its a start to homebrew capiiblitys on a 2.71 psp

irondirgible
July 12th, 2006, 18:40
In most new exploits, coders would make a program that prints "Hello, world" onto the screen, or plays PONG. Making a program that shuts off the psp without any proof that it actually ran code is very sketchy in my book.

benh
July 12th, 2006, 19:52
course theres proof iv just used and it works and iv attahced the eboot file to this thread and ur telling me theres no proof

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 01:39
Yes. They are.

"I've".

GRAMMAR NAZI *runs off*

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 01:54
wow, clean your PSP screen.

Why again would somebody need a Shut off exploit?

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 01:59
Exactly what I was thinking. Wish it was a bricker to brick thy lazy people.

Malksta
July 13th, 2006, 02:03
thats a very mean thing to say homebrew hunter :(

borgamix123
July 13th, 2006, 02:04
i think this is not about turning of the psp but to demonstrate a 2.71 psp running a eboot:D
what if some1 trys this exploit with another application.
i would do it myself but i dont have a 2.71 psp

stotheamuel
July 13th, 2006, 02:27
exactly

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 05:13
Hmph. Whatever. Youngun's n' yer fancy 2.71 eboot. Back in my day, the ds could run anything with a flashcart without needing one of your fancy old firmware thingies. Ah, those were the days...

acn010
July 13th, 2006, 06:01
ha ha weired exploit but ok,lol

benh
July 13th, 2006, 08:44
Thats exaclty what i was getting at its not the shutting down of the psp but the fact that a 2.71 psp is running an usigned Eboot exploit

borgamix123
July 13th, 2006, 09:36
maybe the guy who did this is working on a program like kxploit to 1.5 but instead for 2.7x

b8a
July 13th, 2006, 10:19
At first glance, this may appear to be something, but keep in mind that the code that shuts off the PSP, even on 1.00's, is not an official SCE API call. All it does is feed the PSP code that it can't understand, and since the PSP can't understand it, it shuts down as a security precaution.

In other words, this doesn't demonstrate that there are any known exploits for running unsigned code on a 2.7x system, rather, it just demonstrates that the PSP is doing exactly what it was designed to do.

benh
July 13th, 2006, 12:37
I heard that it overflows a buffer or something and when the buffer overflows it shuts down the PSP, but still its unsigned code i mean its one step forward to full homebrew capabilitys on 2.70+ psps

Accordion
July 13th, 2006, 17:56
its not one step forward, the eboot is most probably hidden as an update which makes the psp think it can run it. we have know that update files or update covers on eboots will start the boot process since the start.
again this proves nothing but that the psp 2.70 is uncapable of running unsigned code

scottyboynow
July 15th, 2006, 11:09
its just a param.sfo file and a icon with no .psp or .psar file i can make on right now if i wanted to

kersplatty
July 15th, 2006, 18:59
this is nothin its just a corrupt eboot that turns the psp off because the psp cant run it.