PDA

View Full Version : Another question...

The Hombrew Hunter
July 12th, 2006, 19:48
Is there a program that can scan nds and ds.gba files for DS brickers?

Also, can the GBA be bricked? Does it have firmware?

Cygoku
July 12th, 2006, 20:31
Also, can the GBA be bricked? Does it have firmware?I thought anything with a processor should/must have a firmware?

Cygoku

acn010
July 12th, 2006, 20:32
good question........
iono

yaustar
July 12th, 2006, 22:33
I haven't heard of a bricked GBA yet. At the same time, I haven't heard of a flasher for the GBA.

ACID
July 12th, 2006, 22:38
A bricked ds

SuperCardStore
July 13th, 2006, 00:03
There is some good info about DS brickers at http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/DS_Bricker
I have been selling SuperCards for nearly two years and have never seen the only one I know of, which was released briefly in Oct 2005, nor have any of my customers ever reported having seen it. I think the SuperCard firmware scans every executable it loads for the Bricker signature, but I cannot be sure. The best protection against bricks is to flash. The risk of getting a bricker is, I hope, very, very small.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 00:39
I wonder if M3 does that...

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 00:47
so to all DS users: GET A PSP :p

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 00:56
No.

PSP blows.

Quay Cur
July 13th, 2006, 03:23
Can you only brick a DS if it has been flashed, or can it happen if you're using a Passcard, too? I don't recall seeing anything, but after dropping my DS Lite yesterday I became mildly conscious of its vulnerabilities.

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 04:00
the DS is great for platform games

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 04:01
Not the touch screen, for SURE. Tha's some durable sh*t.

Junixx
July 13th, 2006, 06:45
the DS can be bricked, and i think ive heard of DS's getting bricked because of an inproper installation of Flashme, not sureon this though

AS for a GBA being bricked i dont think its possible, im 95% sure its not possible because theres no where to store the brick, at least thats what i think anyway

@ Shadowblind: PSP's get bricked too :p

battleroyalex
July 13th, 2006, 14:11
so to all DS users: GET A PSP :p

There should be a rule on this forum to ban all 12 year old fan boys, seriously it's pretty annoying. Also PSP bricks came out LONG before DS.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 17:24
Now that I think about it, only the 4 known bricks exist.

Battleroyalex, shut the f*ck up. So he did that in joke. I retaliated. Seriously, he's with the DS as well.

So, again, stfu. Newbie.

Oh, and if ANYONE'S gonna make fun of Shadowblind, IT'LL BE ME! ABOUT HIS GRAMMAR! OR ANYTHING ELSE!

lord wus
July 13th, 2006, 17:57
^ Dude, you are so totally right. Seriously Battleroyalex, he's got to be at least 13.

So, again, stfu. Newbie.

Oh, and if ANYONE'S gonna make fun of Shadowblind, IT'LL BE ME! ABOUT HIS GRAMMAR! OR ANYTHING ELSE!
I agree, your 350 posts in one month definitely elevate you above the festering ranks of n00bs in this forum. Which in turn gives you full right to make fun of a mod for his grammar. One might argue that posting 350 times in one month is pathetic, a waste of time, and clearly prooves that you have no social life, but I certainly don't think that.

Why don't you wait until you take a high school, let alone college, english class before you go off calling yourself a grammar nazi. Seriously, this forum will be a better place when you stop posting in it. Or, at least when you stop posting your opinions (which I realize I am doing, but then again I can't stand you).

Oh yeah, do you think I could get one of your SNES animations for my sig? They're so cool, but nowhere near as cool as your comic. The dialog just blows my mind.

*commence ego parade*

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 18:06
Uh, no. That post was COMPLETELY uncalled for. And my idiotic friends mostly put in the dialog.

The animation? Hell no! You can go burn in the endless fires of Hell, for all I care.

And you're new. A grammar nazi is my job, and don't you forget it. And I make 350 posts in one month because I'm active. And an asshole. Come back when you're not such a douchebag egotistical mofo.

Sayonara.

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 18:17
There should be a rule on this forum to ban all 12 year old fan boys, seriously it's pretty annoying. Also PSP bricks came out LONG before DS.
Hahaha, nice 1. Too bad I dont really like noobs calling other people noobs, which would in-turn make me a noob, but the noob who first called the other noob a noob needs to get a life.

Didnt follow? Dont care.

And as far as most are concerned, Hombrew's done a **ll of a lot more then most of you have.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 18:20
I agree wholeheartedly.

Shadowblind
July 13th, 2006, 18:23
oh by the way: the 12 year old fan boy has a DS too.

Well, that was a fun waste of energy. Back on topic, now shall we?

The Hombrew Hunter
July 13th, 2006, 18:26
Yes. About the Bricking, then.

So, is there danger of WiFi games running if I didn't flashme?