PDA

View Full Version : IDEA!!! FOR 2.71 Hacking!

Jakari-Kun
July 13th, 2006, 04:26
What if we can change the 2.71 EBOOT, using a Eboot changer, like homebrew, but is there a way we can change the Ver name is the eboot? like to 3.00 or something? so we can update the psp with he hacked eboot? But then we would need a way to downgrade........damnit, just an idea though.

under_0ath777
July 13th, 2006, 04:49
nope, it does nothing...editing the icon0 and the bg wont work either, the name is only for presentation it hardly alters the eboot

Jakari-Kun
July 13th, 2006, 04:52
Well, when I extract all the parts of the EBOOT, which file contains the version of the eboot that the PSP sees? I opened up Param.SFO in a text editor, it shoed the psp version several times, I think it was for what the PSP sees. But if I take apart a Eboot, and change it, how can I put it all back together?

under_0ath777
July 13th, 2006, 06:47
i think it come corrupted since the sony eboots have special encoding

MasterChafed
July 13th, 2006, 07:03
this has been tried many, many times with no success back when we were trying to downgrade the 2.0 and 1.5x PSP's.

jensy
July 13th, 2006, 07:26
the only Eboot's that the psp 2.71 firmware is going to use and not see as "corrupted data" are ones that have the sony key signature embedded in it, and sony won't release that, ever, so I can't really see this happening.

Awsome idea though..perhaps there is another kind of exploit we don't know about yet perhaps, that could make this idea work.

Jakari-Kun
July 13th, 2006, 08:07
Well, alright then, I am still going to toy around for a little while, the only exploit I have seen for 2.71 is a Auto Shut Off hack, you select it then the screen goes black for about 15 secs then the PSP turns off. :rolleyes:

gavind
July 13th, 2006, 11:34
Well, alright then, I am still going to toy around for a little while, the only exploit I have seen for 2.71 is a Auto Shut Off hack, you select it then the screen goes black for about 15 secs then the PSP turns off. :rolleyes:

sounds to me like thats a forced error crashing program that resets the PSP.

Accordion
July 13th, 2006, 12:40
the shut off hack does nothing but prove that 2.70 cannot run unsigned code.

no code is actually run it just causes an error as does all unsigned code on 2.70.

i really cant believe so many people think that is actually a hack....
really dumb

scottyboynow
July 13th, 2006, 12:49
tried it with a pbp unpacker it is because you edited the registery and the sig is disrupted