PDA

View Full Version : Stop telling complete Newbies to Downgrade

LeperMessiah
July 13th, 2006, 17:30
Really most Newbies just don't know about the GTA exploit and just need to be pointed in the right direction, I know it's a pain in the a$$ when you get asked 100 times a day, but not all of the newbs are lazy or stupid.

If you don't know squat about it, it can be a daunting task, when you don't know what to look for.

And instead of typing a response telling them to downgrade right away, (since you are typing a response anyway), why not try to help out and THEN maybe suggest downgrading, and pointing them in the direction of a downgrade guide.

You have no reason to b!tch about newbies if you are replying to their questions. You are the ones who took the time to reply. It's your choice to ignore them, no one made you reply.

Gizmo356
July 13th, 2006, 17:40
yeah your right

Crimson_Lotus
July 13th, 2006, 17:44
I am guessing most would want to downgrade anyways, knowing the limitations of the GTA exploit.

LeperMessiah
July 13th, 2006, 17:53
I am guessing most would want to downgrade anyways, knowing the limitations of the GTA exploit.

Oh I agree Crimson, especially since I am one of the poor b@stards who has a 2.6 factory with a TA motherboard, who can't afford to get another PSP.

I would love to downgrade, but can't yet.

I just think we should try to help first.

LOL and when I say we, I mean everybody but me, cause I still don't know very much. JK I would help as much as I could.

Crimson_Lotus
July 13th, 2006, 18:55
Oh I agree Crimson, especially since I am one of the poor b@stards who has a 2.6 factory with a TA motherboard, who can't afford to get another PSP.

I would love to downgrade, but can't yet.

I just think we should try to help first.

LOL and when I say we, I mean everybody but me, cause I still don't know very much. JK I would help as much as I could.

Poor you. I upgraded to 2.7, big mistake. I need to buy one too I planned on getting either a White PSP and hope it has 2.0 for the tiff exploit.. or fork for a 1.5 black PSP off of someone.

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 22:42
i bought a 2.00 black psp from ebay. and with the help of VettaCossX ive not only downgraded but learnt a lot about the psp.ive also found a few websites, one in particular that (albeit pretty badly) shows you video's of how to do it (they do it way too fast for me tbh)

i was a complete n00b and still am, but im learning. like i downgraded, got Devhook working and playing my 2.5 umd's and my iso's (which i dumped by the way!!! - so i cant be banned. i dont believe in getting games for free, but i do agree with being able to play games on trains without lugging tonnes of disks around with me).

my main ms is now full of some crap i dont know what its for, but im too scared to delete it as i have a lot of stuff on there i like.

help the n00bs out as we wont forget who it was that aided us!

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 22:51
People have the choice whether to or not to downgrade. But there are sticky and tutorials in this same website that tell you how to downgrade and take you step bi step. I agree with all the comments though first thing is try to help the newbie if people realize want to call them that Just because they have little post doesn't make them newbs to the psp they might know more then people with 1000 post so lets not insult there intelligence.:cool:

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 22:55
People have the choice whether to or not to downgrade. But there are sticky and tutorials in this same website that tell you how to downgrade and take you step bi step. I agree with all the comments though first thing is try to help the newbie if people realize want to call them that Just because they have little post doesn't make them newbs to the psp they might know more then people with 1000 post so lets not insult there intelligence.:cool:

yea!! lol. but to be fair, on my problem ive just had i went that far panicking i removed my UMD... pretty stupid i know because if it cant turn on it wont load, but i work in computers.... stranger things have happened.

the guides on here are excellent, but if anyone needs another place to go about downgrading, i can point them in the right direction for a movie showing them it works.

dalejrrocks
July 14th, 2006, 03:05
Downgrading is NOT hard! anyone with some determination and free time can learn experiment with GTA + downgrading very fast. and there are lots of guides and simple downgrading packages. people tell noobies to downgrade because they don't want them to do a stupid thing like upgrade to 2.71 or just wanna help out.

LeperMessiah
July 14th, 2006, 15:22
...people tell noobies to downgrade because they don't want them to do a stupid thing like upgrade to 2.71 or just wanna help out.

Sorry but I disagree, most people I believe tell Newbies to downgrade because they don't want to have to get into a lengthy explanation of how to resolve the problem. I think it's a way that some members b!tch about the newbs. It's an easy way out to simply say, "Downgrade".

But if you think about it, some people call Newbs idiots, which is totally asinine, because they are called Newbies on the assumption that they are new and therefore don't know better.

But who's more the idiot? The newbie who doesn't know better and is legitimately lost in the homebrew world, or the person who posted the reply to downgrade because he/she is sick of answering the same damn questions over and over again, even though he/she had the choice to not answer at all.

All I'm saying is that if you want to bring people into the community and have it group, don't be pretentious, don't be elitest, and if you're going to reply to a newbie with "downgrade", show a little respect and at the very least post them a damn link to a downgrading guide. This site it seems to me, (correct me if I'm wrong), is to promote and sustain the growth of homebrew, by teaching, informing and helping.

And it is a fine site. I come here on a daily basis and enjoy the posts, enjoy the homebrew, but see Newbs sometimes being treated like dirt and that just p!sses me off. I was, (or am), a newb once and so were ALL of you.

THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF IGNORANCE IN THIS WORLD. AND ONLY 1 IS EXCUSABLE AND THAT IS THE TYPE WHERE YOU ARE NEW AND HAVE NOT BEEN TAUGHT.

dalejrrocks
July 14th, 2006, 21:19
Sorry but I disagree, most people I believe tell Newbies to downgrade because they don't want to have to get into a lengthy explanation of how to resolve the problem. I think it's a way that some members b!tch about the newbs. It's an easy way out to simply say, "Downgrade".

But if you think about it, some people call Newbs idiots, which is totally asinine, because they are called Newbies on the assumption that they are new and therefore don't know better.

But who's more the idiot? The newbie who doesn't know better and is legitimately lost in the homebrew world, or the person who posted the reply to downgrade because he/she is sick of answering the same damn questions over and over again, even though he/she had the choice to not answer at all.

All I'm saying is that if you want to bring people into the community and have it group, don't be pretentious, don't be elitest, and if you're going to reply to a newbie with "downgrade", show a little respect and at the very least post them a damn link to a downgrading guide. This site it seems to me, (correct me if I'm wrong), is to promote and sustain the growth of homebrew, by teaching, informing and helping.

And it is a fine site. I come here on a daily basis and enjoy the posts, enjoy the homebrew, but see Newbs sometimes being treated like dirt and that just p!sses me off. I was, (or am), a newb once and so were ALL of you.

THERE ARE 2 TYPES OF IGNORANCE IN THIS WORLD. AND ONLY 1 IS EXCUSABLE AND THAT IS THE TYPE WHERE YOU ARE NEW AND HAVE NOT BEEN TAUGHT.

Some of that makes no sense!!!!!!!! DOWNGRADING IS HARD FOR SOME PEOPLE. If people don't want to help resolve some problem, they wouldn't tell newbs anything at all! Downgrading brings numerous threads and questions, and if you go read some of them, newbs get answers to most of their questions in a NICE way. I have only seen a few threads about downgraging where flaming took place! And there were links and lengthy/detailed explanations in all of them. And even if there was no link, someone CAN GO DO SOME RESEARCH/Google this stuff! And find out everything that they need to know!

LeperMessiah
July 15th, 2006, 14:52
Some of that makes no sense!!!!!!!! DOWNGRADING IS HARD FOR SOME PEOPLE. If people don't want to help resolve some problem, they wouldn't tell newbs anything at all! Downgrading brings numerous threads and questions, and if you go read some of them, newbs get answers to most of their questions in a NICE way. I have only seen a few threads about downgraging where flaming took place! And there were links and lengthy/detailed explanations in all of them. And even if there was no link, someone CAN GO DO SOME RESEARCH/Google this stuff! And find out everything that they need to know!

If you read my post, I state that most times, I, (as in me, as in MY opinion, as in not neccesarily YOUR opinion), is that most times it's just posted almost out of exasperation.

And personally I don't really care if you feel that my posts don't make sense, others have agreed with the notion, meaning to them it made sense.

And obviously it made no sense to you when part of your reply was that Newbies "CAN GO DO SOME RESEARCH/Google this stuff!". Did you miss the part where I talked about how Newbies, sometimes are lost and don't know where to start and that this can be overwhelming to them if they don't have guidance? Especially when you do a search/research but don't know exactly what you are looking for.

Just remember dalejrrocks "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one, some are just louder than others"

Does that make sense?

schmam121
July 16th, 2006, 16:28
Hi. Now, as you can see, I'm a complete newbie - if this bothers you, then please don't reply.

I thought this would be a good thread to find a sympathetic ear.
I just bought a disc containing hundreds of games and other software, including firmware downgrades to 1.5. However, my PSP is 2.5 and I don't own GTA:LCS.

Can somebody please just tell me how I can play these hundreds of games on my PSP?

Thank you very much in advance.

BTW, I have bought a 2GB memory stick, and have downloaded several torrent file games. Is there an easy way to play these?

Also, as I've seen elsewhere in the forum, after the hours I have spent attempting to understand the new homebrew world, the games I have managed to put on have turned up to be 'Corrupted Files'. Help?

ALSO...the downgrade software on the discs appears to be out-of-date, and I'm not really willing to risk my PSP on something designed to downgrade from 2.00-->1.5.
Is there a way to play these games without a downgrade, and would it help that I am half-willing to fork out for GTA?

Thanks again.