PDA

View Full Version : Help with my PSP

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 23:30
ive just been playing a game on my PSP and i turned it off. turned it back on to resume and it froze, waited a few seconds and turned off. now it wont turn back on again... help!!!!

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 23:32
ah... just realised battery had died... plugged it in and its working again! sorry about that! just panicked.

Ste

Kramer
July 13th, 2006, 23:33
lol:p

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 23:34
its sorted now kramer... was a game id ripped from my UMD.

just out of interest, what happens when you "brick" your psp??? anything come up? or it just go dead?

Kramer
July 13th, 2006, 23:35
just goes dead

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 23:36
crap! i thought it might, didnt see why it would brick during a game though. just panicked... a lot. just spend over £100 on this thing and my girlfriend is less than happy about that! last thing i needed was to brick it playing a game :P

thanks for the help kramer

Kramer
July 13th, 2006, 23:40
normally a psp would only brick if your using programs that accses flash like X-flash or themepsp

ACID
July 13th, 2006, 23:42
Call yourself lucky for now. I would have freaked out too.

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 23:42
i use PSPSet.... :S. not much, but it is useful for somethings!

Kramer
July 13th, 2006, 23:48
most flash programs are fairly safe its just people that dont know what there doing thhat brick there psp's

Stejefferies
July 13th, 2006, 23:48
yea acid.. was just about to go to bed and though "ill just play a quick game of football" turn it on, and away it goes ¬_¬.

thanks for the help guys! :D. may get myself a legit PSP one day as well keep it updated, and keep this for brews.

where is the cheapest place to buy ms'?

greggo72
July 18th, 2006, 07:46
i have a bunch of games and movies on dvd roms but when i go to the sony media manager software, i can't seem to drag these files to transfer to my psp. my psp is version 2.01-do i have to downgrade or is there a program i need to read the files to consolidate them and then transfer them?

Stejefferies
July 22nd, 2006, 23:25
games, i cant say on here unfortunatly... im presuming these are .iso games, and we arent allowed to say what to do with them, but you can google them. took me 20 mins or so to find out how to dump and load isos, although i only condone legitimate use of them.

videos, use PSP Video 9 (available from here i believe, or from a quick search on google)

but before you do the games, you must downgrade to 1.5 (i think there is a 2.5/2.6 downgrader, but its pretty new, so upgrade to that and use the downgrader on this site to downgrade.... good luck ;)) not too sure if the 2.01 will launch vids from psp video 9, but its worth a go, doesnt alter your flash file so cant harm.

[email protected] if you need any help, if i can im happy to do so.