PDA

View Full Version : questions before I downgrade to 1.50

steve-b
July 14th, 2006, 12:06
Right now I'm running 2.60 and all my favourite homebrews work. Now, do I need to do anything special to these to make them run on 1.50?

Do I just need to make those dummy folders with the % sign at the end, and copy the eboot.pbp into those?

If there is more to be done, is there a tool that does it? I tried this PSPBREW and it doesn't recognize at least half of the .PBP files I have, so I hope I don't need to use that for anything.

Am I correct in assuming that with 1.50 I can launch homebrew from the PSP's own menu?

Sorry if these are newbie questions but I've been searching the forums for a few hours and am at my wits end.

dalejrrocks
July 14th, 2006, 12:36
yeah, you can launch games from the XMB. You need xploit to convert 1.00 eboots into 1.50. Or you can use noxploit patcher and just use 1.00 eboots. google them or search dcemu or dl.qj.net

steve-b
July 14th, 2006, 14:11
I have now tried the kexploit tool, and it also fails to read the PBP files that PSPBREW failed to read.

Am I screwed with these homebrews that it wont read? Is there some other method to convert them?

If you want an example of one that it wont work, try downloading from here:

http://payettea.googlepages.com/latesthelpfilefornethack-psp33

thanks for the help

infernomax
July 14th, 2006, 14:18
Just download the 1.5 versions of the eboots

>>>

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6484/sucks103kb.gif

steve-b
July 14th, 2006, 14:23
the problem is, there isn't 1.5 versions for all of them

steve-b
July 14th, 2006, 14:24
oh wait there is for that nethack one now :P

dalejrrocks
July 14th, 2006, 21:11
Use Noxploit patcher just like I said and you can use all your old eboots without converting them to 1.5

steve-b
July 15th, 2006, 00:28
I figured out what was going on...

The eboots I couldn't convert were 1.50 versions that I had just removed the folder with the % at the end from, and these ran with the 2.60 exploit. So when I tried to extract whatever from those to make them into 1.50 eboots with the % folder, the stuff wasn't there cause they were already converted.

Duh... live and learn I guess

I'll have to check out the no-k thing, that sounds much better