PDA

View Full Version : 1.50 bricked? How

dc1
July 14th, 2006, 12:30
I downgraded my psp, originally 1.50, up two 2.0 (GTA) umd, then back to 1.50 after i beat it about 4 months ago. Everything has been a gravy train on biscut wheels until now. When i boot up my psp, it starts and then the blue screen pops up, the one that tells u to press O, like when ur at the final step of downgrading with mph, and it just loops now, i press O, it reboots, then blue screen again. I can't enter the xbm, it's really weird as i was just playing nesterj, powered off, came back 2 hours later and woops, Smurf screen, I really need to fix this as i have 2 psp's, one for homebrew and a 2.60 for new games, i can downgrade the 2.60 but i was saving that one for psone emulation in october.

Please any advise would help.

Malksta
July 14th, 2006, 19:02
Its not really bricked since u can still somewhat use it maybe try take out ur battery or memory stick or something like that :/

ACID
July 14th, 2006, 19:07
Try charging the battery and then start the psp.

kyle2194
July 14th, 2006, 21:16
Hold down the o button while the psp reboots and untill it reaches the xmb.

dc1
July 14th, 2006, 22:53
I Tried holding O. didn't work. I just keep getting the blue screen with setting information is corrupted, prress O button to repair, then it reboots and then goes right back to the blue screen, like a loop.

I can load the PSP sampler disk, i press home, and boom Blue screen again.

Cooe14
July 15th, 2006, 00:28
What you seem to have is a partial brick (some off your flash files are corupted or deleted), sounds kinda like Apoklpz's problem. THe only thing I can think off to fix it is to get the mod-chip.

dc1
July 17th, 2006, 15:49
thanx 4 the help but nothing worked, i downgraded my 2.60 to 1.50. then i remember i had a psp that i dropped and broke, so i took out the motherboard and switched it with the semi bricked one and whammo, it worked, so now i have 2 psp's again and 1 for spare parts, thank god i didnt throw it out. and if some one finds a way to fix the loop, i still have my other motherboard.