PDA

View Full Version : Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004

DCEmu_Newsposter
September 30th, 2004, 15:47
Its my honour to officially announce the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dcgp.shtml) Coding Competition.[br]The Competition is a joint competition for the Dreamcast and Gamepark 32 Scenes with DCEmu UK (http://www.dcemu.co.uk) & GP32 Xtreme (http://www.gp32x.com) being the hosts and Lik Sang (http://www.liksang.com/) are the sponsors of this competition.[br][br][b]Competition Details [br]The first Dream Coding Grand Prix will be a multi-tiered contest. The competitions are as follows.[br][br][b]Childrens Game/Learning Contest[br]This is the main competition, the basic goal of this contest is to produce Games, tools apps etc that can be used as a learning device/ educational tool for children. There will be a First, Second and Third Prize for this Contest.[br][br][b]Beats of Rage Mod Contest[br]This is the secondary competition, the goal of this competition is to produce excellent Beats of Rage mods to be used primarily on the Dreamcast and Gamepark 32 but also on systems like the Playstation 2 and Tapwave Zodiac. There will be a first and second prize for this contest.[br][br][b]Minor/Special Awards [br]In addition to the two main competitions we also have four minor awards, [br][br]Most Original Release[br]Best Work from a Newcomer[br]Best Artwork in a game[br]Best CD Cover/BoxArt for Game[br][br][br]The four minor awards apply to both competitions above, so for example if you make a Beats of Rage Mod and someone else makes a CD Cover/Box Art for it they can win the special award.[br][br][b]Main Prize[br]The winner of the main competition will win[br][br]Neo Geo Pocket Color w/ 6 games[br]Feet of Fury for DC[br]Soul Calibur for DC[br]DC Mini Twin Joysticks[br]Sonic Fan Pack[br]GP32 Mug [br][br][b]Time for Comp[br][br]The contest will run from September 30th, 2004 to December 30th, 2004.[br]The contest will end at midnight, GMT, (the beginning of December 30th, 2004). [br][br]Full details on this competition can be found on the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/dcgp.shtml) Page.[br][br]All questions and entries should be directed to the Dream Coding Grand Prix 2004 Official Forum (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=DCGP2004). [br][br]Let the coding Begin :)

wraggster
September 30th, 2004, 15:48
we have lift off :)

quzar
September 30th, 2004, 17:48
As long as I can finish it(or start it =P), i have a great idea for this =).

Ian_micheal
September 30th, 2004, 20:44
Who are the judges ?

wraggster
October 1st, 2004, 01:03
Thats To Be Announced soon :)

Darksaviour69
October 1st, 2004, 05:52
just to make it clear from the start for bor modders

The entry cannot contain any copyrighted elements without express written permission of the copyright holder (images, sounds, music, etc.)

there are sites that give u pictures and sound that are royalty free, which u could use.

WHurricane16
October 1st, 2004, 05:52
Interesting.

warsong
October 3rd, 2004, 02:24
The learning game should be to design which I need to find someone to help make it.

But the Beats of Rage? In other words make a street or rage or final fight game? I think beats of rage was a disappointment and I expected it to have the moves of the king of fighter characters but instead they have a few weak moves. The best beat-em-up game is Final Fight 3 since that has many moves like a fighting game.

Well I hope people make games that are worth playing and not just some fancy art game that is worth only to try out, since many games that I see that are in compos fall short.

Mr.Q
October 15th, 2004, 11:16
i have a mod of mine, i just finished working on it, it's called Hyper Final Fight, how can i participate and send this?

Darksaviour69
October 18th, 2004, 06:04
Mr.Q, i'm sorry but hyper final fight, is a great mod, but can not be entered into this contest because it has copyrighted images in it sorry.

The entry cannot contain any copyrighted elements without express written permission of the copyright holder (images, sounds, music, etc.)

falken80
January 11th, 2005, 08:46
Hi all,
I'm new on this nice forum.
News about results of this great contest ?
I have a dreamcast too and i can't wait results :p

See you.

wraggster
January 11th, 2005, 12:08
im just waiting on news from the judges now :)

falken80
January 12th, 2005, 05:50
good news :)

falken80
January 13th, 2005, 10:31
I hope to see the results this Weekend ^^

wraggster
January 13th, 2005, 11:51
me too :)

goity
January 14th, 2005, 17:25
Don't we all. yes, I am the creator of GOR.

falken80
January 18th, 2005, 07:08
news about contest ?

Christuserloeser
January 18th, 2005, 09:35
I guess it will take some more time... Things often tend to not to turn out as planned...

falken80
January 20th, 2005, 10:51
ok now results results results !!!! :p ;D

goity
January 20th, 2005, 14:06
Give us the results or we'll make you watch FF-the spirits within!
Okay, maybe not that harsh ;)

falken80
January 24th, 2005, 03:56
what's the problem with judges ?

goity
January 28th, 2005, 20:29
Hurry up with the results already!

toastman
February 2nd, 2005, 16:40
Maybe we should've had a deadline for the judges as well. ;D

GPF
February 2nd, 2005, 16:46
LOL, I want my mug :)

toastman
February 2nd, 2005, 17:29
LOL, I want my mug :)

I know, I had to use my old inferior mug to drink my coffee in this morning. :D

MetaFox
February 2nd, 2005, 22:39
At least you guys have a mug. I have to use glasses and cups.

I really need that mug! :P

Darksaviour69
February 3rd, 2005, 11:44
glasser and cups, thats luxuray!! i have to drink from a rolled up news paper!

goity
February 3rd, 2005, 18:14
I have to drink from one of those crappy football drink bottles!

GPF
February 3rd, 2005, 18:19
glasser and cups, thats luxuray!! i have to drink from a rolled up news paper!

Don't you hate when you pour the milk in and it just disappears :)

toastman
February 6th, 2005, 02:22
What's the status of the judges?
Have any of them contacted you yet, Wraggster?

goity
February 7th, 2005, 20:49
Ach!! Hurry up with the results!!!