PDA

View Full Version : Comic book viewer (CBR) Search / dev request..

Mustang
July 14th, 2006, 22:29
Hi Gang

I've been having a good old trawl of the internet for CBR viewers on the psp and cant seem to find any..

Having scanned in a few of my old favourite comics from when I was a lad, I wondered if anyone has found or even knocked up an application that can view them...

There are a couple of other people in far flung forums tucked away in corners of the internet looking for the same thing - it's basically a jpg viewer that reads inside a rar (renamed to .cbz instead of .rar) file and allows you to switch between the pictures sequentially - I guess the shoulder buttons could be used for "flicking" left and right and the analogue pad for moving around the page....

Windows equivalent - http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay

Thanks for your time !

Mustang
July 14th, 2006, 22:57
Hrmph - well It seems i had a blind spot / smudge / whatever when googling this : PeP viewer seems best and rar decompression would be the sticking point for getting this working from a dev point of view, so I may well have been wasting my time (and yours)

If anyone does have any better suggestions : great if not - no worries, i'll bash on with pep :) !

BlackJack23
July 15th, 2006, 00:01
Hi Mustang

I had EXACTLY the same problem as you.
This was until I stumbled on the truly brilliant piece of homebrew: PePViewer. Change the extension from .cbr to .rar and from .cbz to .zip and unrar onto your PSP. No resizing whatsoever is necessary.
I currently have 2gb of comics on my PSP. They are displayed beautifully and crisply. I highly recommend this program.

Good Luck!

Mustang
July 15th, 2006, 08:01
Indeed ! Following my "discovery" of it (i actually had already heard of pep before i found it last night, just didnt appreciate its application to comic viewing till now..

I am now enjoying Sin City and old 2000ad progs on my psp :) great !

Thanks for the advice though man and nice to see another Firefly fan here :)

LAMPRO
July 25th, 2006, 03:59
i found the pepviewer 0.7, it looks like i will be adding comics to my psp!!!

nice~~~!

wraggy should add pepviewer 0.7 to mews forum

:D

Zombo
July 25th, 2006, 05:08
Alien vs Predator
MAD
*Whole topic fills with saliva*