PDA

View Full Version : Help please- I'm really new to this!

baljot187
July 14th, 2006, 23:43
I just bought my PSP yesterday, and I was wishing to run some emulation software on it. But the firmware version is 2.60- is this going to be a problem? Is there a way I can rollback to a better firmware version so I can run the emulation?
I tried going to some of the sites, but they just said "Compatible with 1.50"; they didn't say if it was compatible with 2.60. ANY HELP?

under_0ath777
July 15th, 2006, 02:59
factory 2.6 cant downgrade, GOOD NEWS!!! 2.71 exploit has been found! REJOICE!

SSaxdude
July 15th, 2006, 04:15
I saw something about that 2.71 exploit, any more news? I hope it's not some fake (not that I have 2.71.)

Also, I've heard Fanjita is working on kernal access eLoader for 2.6.

BL4Z3D247
July 15th, 2006, 04:20
that 2.71 exploit is most likely fake seein how they closed the thread and CoderX got banned for two weeks, Kaiser hates fakes after the whole Donkey thing, but i'm sure someone will find an exploit(not that it matters in my case seein how i have a 1.5)

SnoopKatt
July 15th, 2006, 05:12
They'll eventually find something, it's just a matter of time.

jwilds73
July 15th, 2006, 14:52
If you have the money trade it in and get a used one that you can downgrade. I recently had a friend buy a 2.0 used and downgraded it to 1.5 for him and set him up.

LeperMessiah
July 15th, 2006, 15:00
I just bought my PSP yesterday, and I was wishing to run some emulation software on it. But the firmware version is 2.60- is this going to be a problem? Is there a way I can rollback to a better firmware version so I can run the emulation?
I tried going to some of the sites, but they just said "Compatible with 1.50"; they didn't say if it was compatible with 2.60. ANY HELP?

Well what you could do, like me is to run Homebrew by using the GTA:LCS / E-Loader method.

gunntims0103 posted this little guide a while back and it's quite handy Also there are multiple threads on this forum about it, (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=103),. If this is not helping try doing a search on GTA and E-Loader. If you're still stuck, just post again and someone will try to help you. Cheers!
:

alright a quick guide for hombrew on 2.5

heres what you do

--first grab yourself a copy of grand theft auto for the psp it will be vital for your use of hombrew on 2.5
--once you have this grab yourself the latest version of e-loader (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21672), by fanjta you should grab the windows installer version with it it will extract all the e-loader files in the places it needs to be on your psp
--once this is done now you ready to grab your first emu lets say you get a nes emu what do you do
--when you get an emu after downloading it extract the folder and put it in your game folder on your psp
--after that grab yourself a rom(sorry cant tell you were to find these GOOGLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND
--place the roms in your rom folder in your emu folder
--then you should be good to go

hope this helps.

woodsxdragon
July 15th, 2006, 17:03
You have to make sure its the right version of GTA. Not the newer patched edition. On the side of the case it should say ULUS 10041. Thats the first one.