PDA

View Full Version : Perfect example of the attitude towards newbies

LeperMessiah
July 15th, 2006, 15:32
OK I wanted to look into the Links browser instead of the Sony one that is included in your firmware.
So I read through the thread for Links and could not find anyone with 2.6 who had used it. I could not even find where to install it to. But I did notice that one user, Harshboy had commmented how he used this browser and had no problems.

Re: Links browser

Originally Posted by LeperMessiah
How do you install Links browser?

Originally Posted by Harshboy
i dont help noobz like you

IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO HELP DON'T REPLY.
AND IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO HELP THEN WHY IN THE HELL ARE YOU ON A SITE THAT HELPS PROMOTE AND SUSTAIN HOMEBREW, BECAUSE PART OF PROMOTION WOULD BE TO HELP.

IT'S ATTITUDES LIKE THAT THAT CAN DRIVE PEOPLE AWAY FROM SITES. THE ELITEST, I'M BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE NEW, THINKING ATTITUDES.

AND YES I KNOW MY CAPS LOCK IS ON. BECAUSE THIS P!SSES ME OFF, SURE I'M NEW, BUT LOOK AT MY POSTS, I TRY TO HELP, WHICH IS MORE THAN I CAN SAY FOR SOME OF YOU.

BUT TO ALL OF THOSE WHO DO HELP PEOPLE, INCLUDING THE MODS, THE ADMIN, THE ROOKIES, THE CODERS, AND EVEN THE NEWBIES,

Thank you.

Zion
July 15th, 2006, 15:39
hmmm. I agree in a way, i hate it when people call other people noobs. We are all noobs at something :D

LeperMessiah
July 15th, 2006, 15:51
hmmm. I agree in a way, i hate it when people call other people noobs. We are all noobs at something :D

Definitely I mean sure you are a coder, but prior to becoming a coder you would know nothing about coding, but you learned through research and I'm betting also a little help. Am I right?

So yeah we were/are newbies at one time or another.

SSaxdude
July 15th, 2006, 15:55
I don't hate noobs, but I hate it when they ask questions without doing any type of research. Example: how do I downgrade my 2.71?

LeperMessiah
July 15th, 2006, 16:13
I don't hate noobs, but I hate it when they ask questions without doing any type of research. Example: how do I downgrade my 2.71?

I understand what you are saying, but how do you know they didn't research it? All I mean is shouldn't everyone be given the benefit of a doubt?

ACID
July 15th, 2006, 16:16
I agree just because its your first post or whatever doesnt mean your a newbie. I had maid mi first lua programe before i ever posted in this site so respect others 1 post doesnt mean new to psp

one winged angel
July 15th, 2006, 16:22
yeah im here since november but i dont post very much does that mean im a newbie NO!!!!

acn010
July 15th, 2006, 16:26
ha ha, im a noob myself in somethings.
but yeah, your right

GSA1508
July 16th, 2006, 15:26
Guys: I am also a huge and big Newbie, noob or whatever big coders like to refer to people who has very few level of experience on the subject.

I wanted to takw this oportunity, to tell everybody in special to the moderators that.

1) you have the best PSP site ever, and your work here is amazing. keep the good work.
2) But have found that there is a HUGE gap between coders and users that somehow is not well covered, and in cases like the subject mentioned here; also "sanctioned" or "labeled" by people just for the fact they feel superiror than others (self steem complex perhaps?).

What I want to say; this is COMUNITY forum, or am I wrong? a comunity is not only composed by a certain type, in this case CODERS-ONLY. You also have average-type people here, that have different leves of programing knowledge. NOT everybody can understand 100% the content here.

For example, me I am an engineer, but my knowledge of programing is very basic; and due my career path for th last 10 years even less chance to develop it; but I love gadgets and hi-tech and try to keep up. I have managed to do some teakings and improvements to my PSP thanks to this page. But I have stoped to ask questions here because the answers I always get are away from the main target
or I am driven into hard to do tasks that involves some programing ....

I do not want to sound nagging or even ungratefull to your site, people and the help provided here; but I think If somebody can make some answers for the programing-impaired like me it will really improve the quality of your site; and course try to avoid the sarcasm or labeling of people ...

thanks for your attention.

Mr. Shizzy
July 31st, 2006, 05:23
If anyone ever really needs the help, feel free to P.M. me. I'll do my best to help.

dtothabreezy
July 31st, 2006, 07:53
i dont even understand the word noob i pick up on things quickly so no bodys ever called me one i think it goes with my inter net therory i dont know these pepole so what do i care but really some pepole need to pick up on these things quicker im ok with one thing but askin for every littel baby step i dont thinks acceptible ill help any body wit any thing so hola

ACID
July 31st, 2006, 07:58
Un like alot of people i dont mind helping even step by step.i sayd it ones i will say it again The fact that somebody has 0 or few post doesnt make them a noob. Theres people out ther like me with PHd in engeniring and a lot of knolege so dont insult others