PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Overtakes Vista For Hardcore PC Users

wraggster
February 10th, 2010, 22:28
Well, here's something we didn't notice last time we checked; it seems Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system has already overtaken Windows Vista as a hardcore PC gamer's operating system of choice.

28.53% of Steam users report Windows 7 as their operating system, while Vista users represent 27.91% of the platform's userbase (the remainder, of course, still using good ol' Windows XP). For the record, Windows Vista was released to retail in January 2007. Windows 7, on the other hand, was released to retail in October 2009, meaning it's overtaken its predecessor in record time. At least, among hardcore PC gamers. And seeing as many games demand the use of Steam these days, I think it's safe to assume Steam users are an almost perfect representation of hardcore PC games.

Sure, Vista had its critics early in the day, but it quickly settled down; I've been running it since April 2008 on my gaming PC with no hassles whatsoever. I guess Windows 7 is just...better. Anyone who's made the upgrade care to elaborate on just why that is?

http://kotaku.com/5468394/windows-7-overtakes-vista-for-hardcore-pc-users

mrquiteaguy
February 11th, 2010, 00:40
That headline made me laugh so much. :)