PDA

View Full Version : LocationFree Emulator?

mavsman4457
July 16th, 2006, 03:32
A LocationFree emulator would be so popular in the homebrew community. Does one already exist? I know of TVSP but there hasn't been an update on that in a long time.

psiko_scweek
July 16th, 2006, 18:18
Using DevHook to emulate the higher firmwares can enable the Location Free Player. Also last I heard Ditew was making a new version of the TVPSP.

mavsman4457
August 4th, 2006, 19:43
I was referring to the base station being emulated on a computer.

Video_freak
August 4th, 2006, 21:44
that would be so cool. that way you dont have to spend $200 to watch tv on your psp :)

Tesseract
April 5th, 2007, 08:17
Ah... This was the question I was about to ask. Has anyone done any work on this yet?

mexicansnake
April 5th, 2007, 21:05
Nobody will ever work on a location free player emulator sorry...

Loonix
April 16th, 2007, 13:28
And why do you think nobody will ever work on a LocationFree Basestation emulator?

(and btw. who ist this nobody?)

I dont think there will ever be an 'Official' emulator, since SONY holds the Copyrights and encryption keys to the broadcasts, but the same goes for every emulated piece of hardware out there.

It may take some Time but i belive there will be an alternative... one fine day. but not too soon =(

Buddy4point0
April 16th, 2007, 21:32
they should jst make an emulator that you can watch tv through your wireless internet connection. or sony at least needs to make a officall firmware update that has video streaming in it.