PDA

View Full Version : PSP overheat running devhook and charging...MYTH?

tlp
July 17th, 2006, 14:03
Is it true that the PSP will overheat if you run devhook and charge at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Tim

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 14:07
Wow im not sure its never happend to me and i have alot of miles on mi psp. But not 100% sure.

Uruz 6
July 17th, 2006, 15:05
I'm no expert but as far as I know charging a battery and using it at the same time isn't good.. and may end up overheating the battery (Burning? don't think so).
I mean maybe the battery did overheat but I don't think it had anything to do with devhook, really.

tiranofice
July 17th, 2006, 15:51
your psp heats up, but i'm having more trouble with a hot memorystick than with a battery

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 15:53
I'm no expert but as far as I know charging a battery and using it at the same time isn't good.. and may end up overheating the battery (Burning? don't think so).
I mean maybe the battery did overheat but I don't think it had anything to do with devhook, really.
I agree i think this is the case.

nekus
August 1st, 2006, 09:46
just only use the battery that came with your psp. my friend's psp overheated because he bought a battery from game stop.

Physicist
August 1st, 2006, 20:37
sounds a bit silly to me. i was playing my psp in the heat wave we had a few days ago, left it out in the sun for about 20min, checked the CPU temperature and it was about 50degrees, still works like a charm.
if u want to heat up ur psp. use the WLAN constantly with the charger cable in. honestly this thing is precision engineered to withstand slightly more than everyday damage. what would be the point of selling something that breaks when your dad sits on it or you leave it on top of the oven?
also i left it in the garage overnight once (no i dont hate my psp) the temp was about 5 or 6 degrees and it worked exactly the same as being hot. they come with a warranty and i dont think they can afford to replace these things for you once a month.

psp fan
August 2nd, 2006, 17:11
lol thats qiute kool but what i think is just dont take the risk of charging and playing at the same time .

Reficul
August 7th, 2006, 03:23
i was running devhook yesterday with the plug in for about 4-5 hours and nothing happened.....

dagger89
August 7th, 2006, 07:26
the max temp is 85 C. i doubt using devhook at 333 mhz w/ wifi and charging will bring it above 45

V3N0M
August 7th, 2006, 07:33
Well if you think your psp is heating up. Turn it off. Put it away or in a cool place and it will be fine. Personaly i usualy keep my psp in my pocket and it gets hot in socal and it does fine. But getting a good case to keep it in is a good idea as well. Shelter it from heat, cold and portects it as well.

Prasoc
August 7th, 2006, 10:48
This happened to me last night, running DevHook 2.71 on internet browser really heated it up as well as the mem stick. But i DOUBT it would really overheat too cause harm.

motz
August 7th, 2006, 11:23
i was running devhook yesterday with the plug in for about 4-5 hours and nothing happened.....
Lol, same here.:D

ericlaw02
August 7th, 2006, 20:27
I plugged the AC adapter full day while playing a game in devhook (played like 6 hours...yes, i don't close it even i'm eating)...no overheating or melting. (222Mhz, with PGP on, sony battery)

mavsman4457
August 7th, 2006, 21:52
the max temp is 85 C. i doubt using devhook at 333 mhz w/ wifi and charging will bring it above 45

85C!? That's a very hot battery. Mine has gotten hot but I've never checked my high. On a side note, if Sony could put a thermometer on the inside of your PSP then why can't we have one on the outside? This is a small feature bt it would be cool to say, "Man it's cold, let me get my PSP and check what the temp is."