PDA

View Full Version : i got it

djwirtz
July 17th, 2006, 15:32
thanks to jwilds73..i finally got it to work and change roms...the only problem i have is the music and stuff..that i can`t figure out please help

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 15:56
You need to specify a little more need help with what

jwilds73
July 17th, 2006, 16:05
Ok it's been abit since I messed with the Neo Geo CD emu's. However one of them supports placing the mp3 files inside of the mp3 folder so you can also play them through your psp's music player if you chose too. However NJ's which I believe your using as it is the best currently out shows this setup.

/PSP/GAME/NCDZPSP/MetalSLug/
+ mslug.zip
+ neocd.mp3/
+ Metal Slug - Track 02.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 03.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 04.mp3
+ Metal Slug - Track 20.mp3

例: ZIPファイルを使用しない場合

+ ABS.TXT
+ ARTC_OBJ.SPR
+ ARTC_OTB.PRG
+ ・
+ ・
+ ・
+ TTL_OTBL.PRG
+ neocd.mp3/

MP3ファイルは、ファイル名の最後を"xx.mp3"(xxは02〜99までのトラック番号)の
ファイル名で作成して*ださい。

=> "mslug-02.mp3", "track02.mp3", "02.mp3" はgood
=> "02-mslug.mp3", "track_2.mp3" はwrong

So for his emu you would want to place all files (minus the mp3's) in a Folder named for the game in a zip file and then inside that same folder another folder names neocd.mp3 with your mp3 files for that game. If I am reading it right. Again that is this setup.

+ mslug.zip
+ neocd.mp3/

So try modifying a rom that way and see if you get all the music to play correctly. Anyway's note the two setup configurations. The first which I am recommending you use shows you zip all the game files minus mp3's into a zip file and place them in a folder named for that game inside that folder you also place a second folder named neocd.mp3 which contains your mp3 files for that game. The second setup simply shows the same setup only with a uncompressed cd and then the neocd.mp3 folder with your mp3's. Of course even if you got a 4 gig stick you dont want to use the uncompressed cd setup as it wastes tons of space. So use the first setup configuration.

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 16:13
It should be real simple involving the rom folder (metal slug) a folder inside that one name it XXX and thats where the iso files go in. Then another folder inside the folder named XXX and name that folder neocd.mp3 and put the mp3 in it. Do the same for all your roms.

jwilds73
July 17th, 2006, 16:27
It should be real simple involving the rom folder (metal slug) a folder inside that one name it XXX and thats where the iso files go in. Then another folder inside the folder named XXX and name that folder neocd.mp3 and put the mp3 in it. Do the same for all your roms.

I just tested the configuration for the zipped format

+ mslug.zip (zip file created how I told you in other thread again minus mp3's)
+ neocd.mp3/ (second folder containing mp3's you didnt zip with the zip file you made)

You dont need to name anything XXX or such just follow the directory structure NJ shows for compressed roms and it works fine.

djwirtz
July 17th, 2006, 16:27
does that work for neocdpsp?

jwilds73
July 17th, 2006, 16:36
does that work for neocdpsp?

Ok NeoCDPSP uses the same directory structure as NJ's emu

/PSP/GAME/NeoCDPSP/Mslug/
+ mslug.zip
+ neocd.mp3/

However per the readme for NeoCDPSP you can do this optional configuration below.....

- Now you can also place your mp3s in PSP/MUSIC. Example :
say you have a game in a directory mslug. The you can put its mp3s
as previously in mslug/neocd.mp3/ but now you can also put them in
/PSP/MUSIC/mslug/ if you prefer. After all these are mp3s, so you should
be able to play them from the psp interface if you want to !
The directory in music where you put the mp3 must be named exactly like
the directory of the game for neocdpsp

This means your directory structure would look like this for the game

/PSP/GAME/NeoCDPSP/Mslug/
+ mslug.zip

/PSP/MUSIC/Mslug/

Again this allows you to play back any game music files independantly of the game itself if you choose too.

djwirtz
July 17th, 2006, 17:14
dude u r soooo freaking smart u the MAN

ACID
July 17th, 2006, 17:33
[QUOTE=

You dont need to name anything XXX or such just follow the directory structure NJ shows for compressed roms and it works fine.[/QUOTE]
I know you dont but if you do it doesnt harm it at all still has the same performance and it will be a little more organice. But thats just mi take. But it works.:D

djwirtz
July 17th, 2006, 17:40
what about MAME hows that work??