PDA

View Full Version : Tales of Symphonia US & Paper Mario 2 (Mario Story 2) News!

wraggster
July 18th, 2004, 03:25
News from Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3428&&lsaid=219793) [br][br] Mario Story 2 (Paper Mario 2) (last week's Famitsu rates: 9, 8, 8, 8 - 33/40) has been released in Japanese version today, a few days ahead of schedule. On the other hand, the US edition of Tales of Symphonia has reached us a little bit later than expected, and after the Tropical Storm alert, preorders are now being taken care of for both titles. New orders are welcome and ship within 24 hours starting from Monday.[br][br]Mario Story / Paper Mario 2[br][br]The sequel to the popular Mario RPG series. The game will have a mix of platform action, adventure and RPG elements. The battle system resembles the one found in Mario & Luigi for GameBoy Advance. There are also a number of mini games available for play during the quest. With very original graphical style, Mario Story has a very unique look 'n' feel.[br][br] Tales of Symphonia[br][br]One of the hottest Japanese RPGs of last Christmas is finally coming out in US version, with English texts, dialogs and menus. Tales of Symphonia has one of the fiercest, most action packed battle systems ever created with hundreds of special attacks, spells, and combos. Up to 4 players can control all the members of your party during battles. The game boasts over 80 hours of gameplay in an epic, emotionally charged storyline, illustrated by beautiful cel-shaded graphics from renowned artist Kosuke Fujishima.[br][br]Tales of Symphonia is the latest installment in Namco's ever-growing saga and there are already several derivated products which have been released around this popular series. At the moment, Lik Sang is carrying a high-quality Japanese book dedicated to the artworks of the game, as well as several toys starring the characters of the ToS (or previous episode Tales of Phantasia). The Tales of Symphonia capsule toys from Bandai ship randomly for US$ 4.95 and feature Presea Combatir, Shihna, Genius Sage, Collet and Lloyd Irving. We also have high-quality Tales of Phantasia One Coin Figures from Kotobukiya, shipping for US$ 4.95 each. These are Superbly molded trading figures featuring Cless Alvein, Chester Barklight, Mint Adonade, Arche Klaine, Fujibayashi Suzu, Klarth F. Lester and one secret character. These are the 'stone' color versions and require painting. Paints and brush have to be purchased separately. [br][br]Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3428&&lsaid=219793)

MasterMunt
July 18th, 2004, 15:01
I can't wait for Paper Mario to come out! I enjoyed Mario RPG for the SNES, I enjoyed Paper Mario for the N64, and hopefully, I will enjoy Paper Mario 2! :D

Eric
July 18th, 2004, 21:05
This is amazing i have been waiting for Tales of symphonia ever since i seen the pics for it last year looked amazing but even better now cause everything was probably updated

Hola
July 18th, 2004, 22:39
Yeah to bad TOS comes out for PS2 with more feature and tons more improvements soon.
Yeah being a GC owner always sucks.

Christuserloeser
July 19th, 2004, 05:53
Yeah being a GC owner always sucks.

I can't say this as I am pretty happy with my GC & DC ;D

Chris

Eric
July 19th, 2004, 08:29
Yeah and here is something else that has to go with your post about the PS2's version it may have more added features but i will be telling you graphics will be no where as good as the Gamecubes its kinda like Ghost Reacon good graphics for GC and crap on PS2 except added features

Maximo2703
July 19th, 2004, 11:45
yeah its like they throw on the extra features to compensate for what they lack in the graphic department. i own GC and PS2..honestly i like GC better i wish i would of got it before my PS2. if it wasn't for PS2 having some really great exclusive franchises i probally wouldn't have it

Hola
July 22nd, 2004, 17:13
Yeah and here is something else that has to go with your post about the PS2's version it may have more added features but i will be telling you graphics will be no where as good as the Gamecubes its kinda like Ghost Reacon good graphics for GC and crap on PS2 except added featuresThe game was designed on PS2 hardware then made for GC so I doubt you'll see any lose in detail especially how TOS doesnt look that wonderfull at all.

Kamjin
July 22nd, 2004, 18:03
Well look at this way, GC will still have better graphics
with the anitialiasing, not to mention load times will be
better by default.

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 12:25
Yeah but I still hate the fact that I bought a GC and everything that comes out seems to come out on every other system to. All ps2 users have to do is whine hard enough and they will get the game for ps2.

Kamjin
July 24th, 2004, 13:19
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil 1 REmake
Resident Evil 4

Just those titles above has caused plenty of sony
fanboys to buy a GC...

Hola
July 24th, 2004, 17:13
RE4 is amazing. But I could care less about the other 2 because they still use those old bad controlls unlike 4.

Cap'n 1time
July 24th, 2004, 21:19
play your damn ps2, we will just use the gc. is that ok with you? do we need your promission. its like you people enjoy arguements over the consoles. I like my gc, you like your ps2, im not going to just jump in on a forum and tell people that they own the wrong console. ITS RUDE! im going to play my game cube, and im going to play it with pride, cause i know that nintendo made my system, and nintendo kicks ass.

Cap'n 1time
July 25th, 2004, 14:28
I have been calling around everywhere for the past three days... AND ToS IS SOLD OUT EVERYWHERE!!!
I hate it when i dont get games i have been wanting before everyone else.

Hola
July 25th, 2004, 19:41
Wtf are you talking about man I show no system loyalities. I own all the current new systems.

Cap'n 1time
July 25th, 2004, 21:36
After spending all day calling around, I found Tales of Symphonia! It is great! It has that old school RPG feeling (that we all miss). It uses the same battle system as all the Tales games (not turned based). This is the RPG i have been praying for for a long long time. Someone sayed that ToS dosnt look good. In my oppinion it looks as good if not better then it needs too. The artwork appears to be hand drawn. It has a nice, very detailed over world with very cartoonie cell shaded characters, but dont let the colorfull artwork fool you, this is a seriouse RPG that anyone can enjoy. If you own a GC and your looking for a deep, challenging (It isnt too easy, but it isnt impossibly difficult), beautiful rpg then I recomend you pick up a copie for sure!