PDA

View Full Version : PSP: exploit for 1.00 - 2.7 psp!

crait
July 18th, 2006, 06:56
ok
so this is really the first time to ever use a thread on any game site so here i go!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a basic message I've sent out to many sites about my exploit. And before you flamers jump in, I want you to carefully read the following. All of it. I mean it, don't skip or don't read. Now lets get it going then. Again, this is the message.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Dear reader,
Please read through this whole letter before making any assumptions. There are links provided to two videos of this taking place. I am [-----My real name-------], also known as crait. I have found an exploit in the PSP Firmware Update to version 2.71, and would like to share this with you. Unfortianally, this only works on a certain 'type' of PSP, a certain model... I am unsure. I've tried this modified update for all of my three PSP Systems, and have found something very interesting. This 'modded' update confuses the PSP, making the psp think it is corrupted. This Eboot opens but, as usual comes to a hault by an error. But that's where the mod comes in! It tells the PSP to look for the wrong error message which disply as the following:
---------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------
Update cannot start.
Data is corrupt.
---------------------------------------

X: Enter O: Cancel

OPPOSED TO:

--------------------------------------
Data is corrupt.
(398742398472972Jumble)
---------------------------------------

O: Back

Now, your thinking, "Ok, a minor glitch? Nothing would come of this."
Well, if I was correct about that part, your wrong. Let me explain the functions at the bottum of the screen, then I will give you some information on how this could be the exploit for 2.7 and another for 2.6/2.5 which will actually save people money, believe it or not!
Onto the fuctions... At the Bottum of the top error message, it states "X: Enter O:Cancel". If i were to press the X key, nothing would result, therefore it has no value or function. And onto the O key... If I were to press that button, instead of heading back to the menu, crossbar-thing, I would restart my PSP.
Wierd. Yeah, I know... Ok. Now for how this could be an exploit.
Because this Eboot is already corrupt, I can go within it, and change it as I please. What I am going to do, is, change the X key, on that error, to actually have a function. That function being to either open up the eMenu made by Fanjita and Ditlew, which will be modded too, or to open up a new entire program that will be similar.
But what about the 19 Mb it takes up? Well. I could just go in and take out the Playstation Archive file! (Data.psar) That would cut down on serious size! We're talking 17-18 megs here.

Now for the Proof!

I first would like to point out a few things. Firstly, the two videos both depict PSP's, which are both 1.5 PSP'S, not 2.7. I cannot find a 2.7 with the specifications needed to test this properly, and to it's full potential, though this will work on a 2.7 PSP ((Man that is a run-on scentance.)) The screens are way too blurry to see the system information, but it's very clear what version PSP it is. (e.i. no network icon, and modded font, and bg) The movies are also a bit blurry, but its otay otay. Also the videos make a lot more since if you watch them in the order I display them to you.

The first link shows the error, the modded error, appear on on of my PSP systems. It also shows the viewer what the functions are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFAN29f8lNY

The second shows how this exploit is only usable on a certain type of psp, and not all of them. ((heehee sry for the broken screen one.. lol))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-7WAH0K-wE

Signal me back when you get this message, we'll chat about it, maybe find what the model exactly is that runs this exploit, etc. If you do actually even read this and you are wanting to contact me, you can reach me at the information under this line : )

Aim Screen Name: the crait (on aim)
GMail Sevice: [BLOCKED]@gmail.com
or my alternative,Yahoo: [BLOCKED]@yahoo.com

Please contact me back! : )
-crait

OH SNAP! about saving people money! if this error is to occure on a 2.5/2.6 PSP you can access homebrew, without the need of GTA: LCS! : ) yay for them!

Zion
July 18th, 2006, 13:19
hmm....I don't know what to think.....

Malksta
July 18th, 2006, 14:08
what zion said

wraggster
July 18th, 2006, 19:42
ill move to emu and homebrew forum for more investigation

crait
July 18th, 2006, 19:44
otay otay
i love your site, its put together well
and i love your icon

splodger15
July 18th, 2006, 20:05
some1 just give me a brief explanation of this them videos are a bit shit aswell

crait
July 18th, 2006, 20:12
this opens up a update file (to 2.71)
the file is curropted
the psp, of course pulls, up an error
this corruptment makes the psp pull up the wrong error
that error has two keys to press opposed to the normal one key
i can change the code to make the key do something
and because its corrupt already, it will not matter
this is good and all, but does not work on all models

Gizmo356
July 18th, 2006, 20:18
if my psp came origonally with fw 1.52 can i use this

splodger15
July 18th, 2006, 20:19
ok

crait
July 18th, 2006, 20:20
not so sure....
i think all firmware under 2.71 should be able to do this,
as long as the psp model is the right one...
and i dont know which model works...
if some one knows a way to figure out a model a psp is
i would love to talk to you
my aim is: thecrait
also i need some beta testers, any firmware under 2.71 of course!

Gizmo356
July 18th, 2006, 20:32
the model number is at the bottom of the psp were the bar code is by the end it starts with psp my modle number is psp1001

dalejrrocks
July 18th, 2006, 20:58
wait.. how is this going to help do anything? the way i see it is all you did was make an eboot corrupt and crashed your psp?

crait
July 18th, 2006, 21:10
naw man, this doesnt crash it
the update tells the psp that it has two options
but X: does nothing, and O: restarts

so i'm going to open the file, and make the X button actually do something, like open an emenu, or something similar

and i know that the psp model is like psp1001

i mean model as in TA-082

IndianCheese
July 19th, 2006, 06:17
I'll beta-test. I have a 1.50 and a 2.71, both factory 1.50.

jwilds73
July 19th, 2006, 08:17

so i'm going to open the file, and make the X button actually do something, like open an emenu, or something similar

So the corruption thing works on the new TA-082 boards? And your going to trick the PSP into executing some other function with the "x" button? I assume that is what your saying? So this may be the path for anyone with a TA-082 board to execute homebrew code. Which could possibly lead to "more" with the new board PSP's?

borgamix123
July 19th, 2006, 10:06
this is something that cant be abandoned....
great work dude

MikeDX
July 19th, 2006, 11:25
I really like your approach here, I will keep my eye on this to see what comes of it. :)

scottyboynow
July 19th, 2006, 15:50
crap ive got 2.71

bukarkimaster
July 19th, 2006, 16:22
yes sounds like this exploit could get u some where i've had a idea somewhat like that but u've though it through alot better than me :)

Striker10
July 19th, 2006, 18:37
Smart idea, I thought of it too but only after reading your idea fully was it clear in my head...:cool: (;) ). I hope you can get it sorted cause my psps 2.71 :( , and for the record 'flamers' I didn't upgrade my psp. I bought it second hand and the pillock that originally had it did or the shopkeeper did but thankfully it's not the TA-082 model . Anyway I'm interested why you are so sure that it should work for 1.50 and 2.7 etc but not 2.71?. Is it just you've not tested it on a 2.71 yet? Best of luck with it anyway...:D (obviously)..

dalejrrocks
July 19th, 2006, 21:01
good luck with it. idk if you get anything out of it, but good luck. btw, how are you going to make the PSP execute your code after it restarts?

SnoopKatt
July 19th, 2006, 21:44
Hmm, this could be something big...

jwilds73
July 19th, 2006, 21:53
good luck with it. idk if you get anything out of it, but good luck. btw, how are you going to make the PSP execute your code after it restarts?

Only "O" restarts the PSP "X" has no function he is going to try and assign a function to "X" and get it to do something such as run an eboot etc.

BelmontSlayer
July 19th, 2006, 22:52
Very, interesting idea...I've never programmed for the PSP (Only C++ & VB on my PC), however from what I can tell this could work. How do you plan on editing the eboot though? I suppose you could modify it in a hex editor since its already compiled. Good luck, and PM me if you need any help.

crait
July 20th, 2006, 00:54
ok everyone, im going to be out of town, doing something fun... but leave a reply, and i will try to answer all of the questions you have! : )

next, thanks all you peeps applauding me! yay

ok, now... The reason it will not work on 2.71 is because i cannot change the update file's SFO file to say something like "update to 2.8"
if you dont know what that is, it basically tells the psp, what the eboot is... ex. title, regoin, and parental level.
if i do change it the psp will load the file, but it would ultimately be corrupted, and nothing, not even the exploit will run....
but is there another way? well the psp update file contains code that tells the psp to check to see if the eboot is consistant every nth second... this also makes sure the memory card was not taken out. this might be changed to were it says to check the eboot every 500,000,000 seconds. lol. but i would have to look into this, and it might be hard to change, but if i do change it, it should work, as i said though i have to look into it

also i dont know what board the psp needs for this, and my psp i use it on was purchased from someone else, then downgraded from version 2.6 to 1.5, therefore, i dont know what the original version of the psp was

next, there are many approaches im going to have on running an eboot, one is changing the update file itself, another one is changing another eboot to make the psp believe its a UMD.... lol because after I press the O button, and the psp restarts, the psp loads the UMD, but says to me i need to update the software, even though i have the parental level as high as i can, and it doesnt ask for the password hmmmm lol by the way the game is sims 2, so it doesnt work on a 1.5 psp, except with a ziso loader and stuff like that
i have other ideas to get around it too, some im sure will work, others im not too certain with

last thanks indian cheese, talk to me on aim later when i get home, my sn is 'thecrait'

dalejrrocks
July 20th, 2006, 02:00
that's why I had doubts in this. You couldn't change the eboot without it being corrupted and the PSP would see that just like you said.

benh
July 20th, 2006, 09:51
I would like to become a beta tester but will only do it if u can garuntee me that i will not brick my psp

dalejrrocks
July 20th, 2006, 20:31
I would like to become a beta tester but will only do it if u can garuntee me that i will not brick my psp
What are you planning on beta testing if this doesn't work? Read the previous posts.

BL4Z3D247
July 20th, 2006, 20:57
it would be cool if he got this to work though, good luck crait

F9zDark
July 20th, 2006, 21:34

Does the corrupt update actually change any code, because error messages are coded into the PSP. If that error message comes up, with that data, it may have been an error from alpha or beta testing the PSP that was accidentally left in.

I highly doubt you can apply code to run during the error. The fact that X doesn't work, is that when any error that halts the system is come across, O is the only functioning button, for Cancel.

Perhaps the error that comes up is one that persisted through out the entire development of the PSP and as such, remained a 'bug error'.

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, but I just cannot see it as being anything more than that. The sheer fact that error codes and messages are stored in flash and not the programs or games that are run on the PSP proves that it will do nothing.

F9zDark
July 20th, 2006, 21:41
ok, now... The reason it will not work on 2.71 is because i cannot change the update file's SFO file to say something like "update to 2.8"
if you dont know what that is, it basically tells the psp, what the eboot is... ex. title, regoin, and parental level.
if i do change it the psp will load the file, but it would ultimately be corrupted, and nothing, not even the exploit will run....
but is there another way? well the psp update file contains code that tells the psp to check to see if the eboot is consistant every nth second... this also makes sure the memory card was not taken out. this might be changed to were it says to check the eboot every 500,000,000 seconds. lol. but i would have to look into this, and it might be hard to change, but if i do change it, it should work, as i said though i have to look into it

This probably wont work. For starters, once the update is tampered with, the signature and encryption is destroyed, thus being invalid. The check for the eboot every nth second, seems to me, to be an extra precaution Sony added in after they found out about the Swaploit.

next, there are many approaches im going to have on running an eboot, one is changing the update file itself, another one is changing another eboot to make the psp believe its a UMD.... lol because after I press the O button, and the psp restarts, the psp loads the UMD, but says to me i need to update the software, even though i have the parental level as high as i can, and it doesnt ask for the password hmmmm lol by the way the game is sims 2, so it doesnt work on a 1.5 psp, except with a ziso loader and stuff like that
i have other ideas to get around it too, some im sure will work, others im not too certain with

Uh... When the PSP starts, it automatically boots any UMD in the drive... You should have known this if you are wholeheartedly trying to exploit the system. Since you don't know this, I am beginning to doubt that you know what you are doing.

As well, making an eboot think its a UMD would require mounting the eboot as the UMD drive filesystem, which, wouldn't you know, requires unsigned code to run, thus making this exploit useless from the get-go.(since it already requires an exploit to work...)

crait
July 20th, 2006, 23:29
that's why I had doubts in this. You couldn't change the eboot without it being corrupted and the PSP would see that just like you said.

i meant you cannot change the update's SFO file, because the psp checks for consistancy every nth second
i can still continue to change the file, just not that part, or the parts that conflict with the security checks

and to F9zDark, if you would have watched the movies i provided, and not have jumped to conclusions, you would have noticed that i changed the update file, and successfully loaded it onto one of my psp's, yet on another psp i have, it didn't work! so i did change the file, and i still had the security signiture in its original state! so nannanannana poopoo poo lol
and as i said, it starting up a pbp as though it were to be a umd is just an idea. just an idea.

ok, this should not brick your psp, and i would love beta testers!
and also pre alpha testers, like to help me figure out what model, or mother board is required for this psp hack

aim: thecrait

BL4Z3D247
July 20th, 2006, 23:51
does it matter what fw u have as long as it's anything under 2.71 or does it matter on the motherboard only?

crait
July 21st, 2006, 00:00
does it matter what fw u have as long as it's anything under 2.71 or does it matter on the motherboard only?

um.. right now, i think yes. actually
because anything can update to a 2.71 thats under a 2.71...
also the motherboard, i think, has to be the correct one to pull up the wrong error

pkmaximum
July 21st, 2006, 01:27
Hmmm unfort. I have my doubts because the minute you touch the eboot the SONY signature is destroyed also I have seen someone try this before and then they said it was impossible for a certain reason I'll get back to you on that one ;). Well I wish you the best of lcuk though because anybody that is trying to help the scene is indeed great =D

crait
July 21st, 2006, 01:36
Hmmm unfort. I have my doubts because the minute you touch the eboot the SONY signature is destroyed also I have seen someone try this before and then they said it was impossible for a certain reason I'll get back to you on that one ;). Well I wish you the best of lcuk though because anybody that is trying to help the scene is indeed great =D

OMG!

FOR THE LAST TIME PPL
WATCH THE MOVIES
IT SHOWS YOU THAT I HAVE INDEED CHANGED THE UPDATE FILE, YET IT STILL ALLOWS ME TO LOAD THE UPDATE! ONLY CERTAIN MOTHERBOARDS BLOCK THE EDITED FILE!

grrr lol sry bout the caps but ppl, cmon i want you to watch both movies, and thoroly read the first post, you might want to read all the other posts so information does not have to be repeated
word up yo

dalejrrocks
July 21st, 2006, 12:33
It's not gonna work because the EBOOTS WILL BECOME CORRUPTED! just like everyone else is saying.

crait
July 21st, 2006, 15:55
grrr
ok
watch the second movie i provided in the original post!
it shows that the update file is curropt on one psp, whilst on the other psp, its not!
just, just watch the movie, as ive been trying to make people do!

Striker10
July 21st, 2006, 16:34
crait I just want you to know me and a few other people are rooting for you. It's not just that we got 2.71+........:D . Damn it!. Seriously though people like you give us all hope so my fingers are crossed. Guys let's try being abit more optermistic. If we all had understanding at the same level then by all means critique but while we all have talents we don't all think the same and it's apparent he already answered your doubts, just give him time to prove his method. What will be will be. The End. :p

Apoklepz
July 21st, 2006, 17:08
I watched both of your vids, and I gotta say you're defenately up to something here, bro...Good luck with this. BTW, where can I get that awesome gameboot with the slashing and blood? It kicks major butt...is it from a game?

TeamOverload
July 21st, 2006, 17:13
Once the next update comes out, will you work on this for 2.71?

crait
July 21st, 2006, 17:15
I watched both of your vids, and I gotta say you're defenately up to something here, bro...Good luck with this. BTW, where can I get that awesome gameboot with the slashing and blood? It kicks major butt...is it from a game?

um i forgot where i got it but i think its from prince of persia
search google for boot intro's or something

also, yeah, imma try this on a 2.71 after the newest update comes out, but im not sure if it will work or not

and major thanks peeps (rooters) for rooting for me!

psphack
July 22nd, 2006, 15:35
its fake its just a custom firmware he made then loaded it with devhook

DPyro
July 22nd, 2006, 16:43
its fake its just a custom firmware he made then loaded it with devhook
It's not, I just tried it myself and it works. However, modifying the update eboot won't work as it is encrypted therefor you won't be able to find where to edit the eboot, and the edit needs to be encrypted.

EDIT: I just realized something else.

Theres a screen behind the error screen that wants to start the update process and says start. The X: Enter O:Cancel are two different things. X: Enter is underneith the error screen and is to start the update, and O:Cancel is the Error screen. Therefor this whole idea is dead as you can ONLY press O:Cancel because its the active screen thats being displayed on the PSP.

acn010
July 22nd, 2006, 17:29
hmmm.......

dalejrrocks
July 23rd, 2006, 05:39
Ok. fine let me rephrase my words. the eboot won't become corrupted. The eboot signature is not going to allow eboot to run because the it won't work with the new updated eboot. Then it will basically tell the PSP the eboot is messed up, so this is not gonna work.

crait
July 24th, 2006, 01:17
to psphack, this is not a custom firmware
i only used x-flash to edit small things like labels and bg

to $n!pR, in the original, update, if it were to be corrupt, it would show
---------------------
.....-------------.....
........corrupt.......
.....-------------.....
........O: Back.......
----------------------
yet mine says cancel, not back
and the texts are both not centered, though the O: Back is, wich means that would be incorrect

and for the last time, dalejrrocks, watch both of the movies. the second movies proves that one of the psp's allow the update, whilst the other does not
which means that the signiture has not been broken!

DPyro
July 24th, 2006, 01:31
Mine said cancel not back too (did you even read what I posted).....anyways, this wont turn into anything.

dalejrrocks
July 24th, 2006, 15:53
anyways, this wont turn into anything.
Totally agree.
And the signature doesn't break, it just doesn't match the new edited eboot. Therefore you won't be able to launch the eboot.

crait
July 26th, 2006, 00:03
guh
i mean
when my error pops up it says
Figure 1
---------------------------------------------
.............---------------------.................
............cannot start update............
.............it is corrupt.........................
.............---------------------................
..........X: Enter.............O: Cancel.....
whilst eboots with an edited .sfo or something like that the errors say
Figure 2
.............---------------------.................
............cannot start update............
.............blahblah(098097098).......
.............---------------------................
......................O: Back......................

ok

in figure 1 X does nothing, while O restarts
in figure 2 there is no option for X, and O goes directly to the XMB crossbar menu thing

whats depicted above in the figures are actually the error messages, not whats behind them, or infront or both or anything
and im not really sure what your meaning sniper, but i hope what i just said clears it up for you

IndianCheese
July 26th, 2006, 06:05
just post the update file!

crait
July 26th, 2006, 06:11
i would, but i dont want some one that works faster then me to finish it before me
then i would get sad, and be like, that was supposed to be me, and no one would believe me

pkmaximum
July 26th, 2006, 08:04
Well at this rate the odds of this turning out possible are slim and even if the SONY encryption didn't break right there, you still have to add the functionality to boot homebrew off of it wich in my eyes is like impossible to do.

TrevorBoyd
July 26th, 2006, 08:53
you can find out the model by looking on the bottom of the PSP on the left side. You'll see some numbers then "PSP"then 4 numbers like mine are "1001". 1001 is my psp's model number.

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 09:31
trevorboyd i think he means the model of the motherboard, for example TA-082 motherboard would have ic1003(i think this is the right number) on the upper right side of ur umd drive when the back of the psp is facin u

dark heart
July 26th, 2006, 09:54
when is this gonna be done? and if the eboot's done plz email it to? [email protected]
i promise i won't finnish it! i only know basic scripting, and how would i get away with this, can you just put a purminent signature on it?

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 09:57
dark heart he's still workin on it, he will post when/if he gets it to work

dark heart
July 26th, 2006, 10:14
yes fair enough but it just want to know when i might be finnished, cos i'm gonna trade in my psp for one with 2.0, but they said something about a broken clip, don't know what that means, so if i can i want to be knowing how long to wait incase the shop gives away the other psp.

scottyboynow
July 26th, 2006, 11:04
i would beta test for you but unfortunatly i have a 2.71

Video_freak
July 26th, 2006, 13:10
i would beta test for you but unfortunatly i have a 2.71

my psp's screen is broken so i cant help either :mad:

crait
July 26th, 2006, 20:13
lol
i bought a 2.6 psp with a broken screen for only 25 cents
and i use that one to beta test :)

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 20:20
niiiice lmao...25 cents u can't go wrong, how bad is the screen can u read any of it?

crait
July 26th, 2006, 20:26
urm yeah actually
lol
you can read 2/3 of it :)
watch the second video again, the top psp has the broken screen

oh and i like my new siggy and avy a lot

BL4Z3D247
July 26th, 2006, 20:33
ohh thats not too bad, especially for 25 cents :D

scottyboynow
July 27th, 2006, 10:02
man im rooting for you do you think you could make it work for 2.71 seeing as there is a new 2.80 update

July 27th, 2006, 14:08
really?

crait
July 27th, 2006, 23:33
man im rooting for you do you think you could make it work for 2.71 seeing as there is a new 2.80 update
thanks man
and i might be able to
i hope so, if it works, ill be like woo hoo

and another thing that i found....
i was messing around with the SFO of an update file. and i noticed something pretty wierd
the signiture/bootname thingy said that the file could go inside the directory named something like PSP,,c*
so i went on my psp, and droped the edited firmware inside that folder and turned on my psp(1.5)
i went to its icon and it showed up
so i tried to start it and it said it was curropted after the boot screen... but this curropted showed what it usually looks like when you open up an update file on 2.7 or so. but if the file was a normal homebrew it would have ran (please do not get confused with my main project... i was bored so i decided to tinker around a bit)
but when i tryed on my 2.71 it said data curropt, and doesnt show the icon

i thought i would say this just because i thought it was interesting that the pbp files could have 2 folders, and i didnt know if people knew this or not
guh

and finally im back at my house so i can get back to work!!!

crait
July 29th, 2006, 07:47
aight, so i decided to check if my hack was on the money, i loaded up the 2.8 firmware update on my 1.5, and it came up with that error, so im thinking man, it must be because i edited my flash rom, so i went to xflash, and restored everything. but wen i went back to it it had the same error! hmmmm
i didnt edit that update at all
which most likely means that my flash rom was modded, which, in turn modded the firmware update, without braking the signiture, because it was on the psp the whole time

now i got an idea, maybe i could code a game for 1.5, that when you open it, it looks for ms0://psp/game/update/eboot.pbp and edits it from there!
this could work, and may lead to a perfect pbp file, with the signiture intact, that runs on every firmware, under 2.8 (or maybe edit the sfo to say 9.99 fw update?)

tell me your opinion, i want to hear from you

ninja9393
July 29th, 2006, 07:48
:D
thats a really good idea

Gizmo356
July 29th, 2006, 08:09
yeah it is:D

NoQuarter
July 29th, 2006, 08:18
Interesting.....

Video_freak
July 29th, 2006, 09:19
Interesting.....
i dont know what else to say other than interesting either

scottyboynow
July 29th, 2006, 21:05
how do you come up with this stuff so quick coz before we know we will be bombarded with hombrew on 2.70+ becoz of you crait in my books youre youre going to be up thre with darkalex if this works

BL4Z3D247
July 29th, 2006, 21:13
yeh this is very interesting :D, hope this leads u somewhere crait

Zion
July 29th, 2006, 21:29
Sounds like a good idea, but whether this will be able to lead to a downgrader for 2.70+, I don't know.

Good luck though man :D

andrew24
July 29th, 2006, 23:58
how the heck do u plan to make the x button another function? could u explain that in great detail to me. cause if u can do that this will might work. if not there is no chance.

dark heart
July 30th, 2006, 00:25
can't you just script a removal program?

DPyro
July 30th, 2006, 00:32
I'm very tempted to close this thread. There has been very little, if any progress on this so called 'exploit'. I will leave it open for a lil while longer but if nothing comes of this it'll be locked.

andrew24
July 30th, 2006, 03:14
thank u $n!per close this dumb thread. this is not an exploit crait is out of his mind.

razorak
July 30th, 2006, 03:41
i hope that this will lead somewhere...maybe u shud get someone to help u crait...after all they say 2 heads are better than one...

ninja9393
July 30th, 2006, 07:05
i hope that this will lead somewhere...maybe u shud get someone to help u crait...after all they say 2 heads are better than one...
im helping him a little

ninja9393
July 31st, 2006, 00:30
crait told me he wont have access to his computer now but he told me that he is almost done with the hack

and when hes done he'll release it

Gizmo356
July 31st, 2006, 00:39
cool

crait
July 31st, 2006, 17:10
ok guys im only on my computer for about 2 mins, and i have almost completly finished
i have high hopes for this
but i wont be able to work on it that much

urm... lol
im kinda grounded for a week from my computer

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 17:21
that sux, what did you do?

crait
July 31st, 2006, 17:27
was on the compy at like 1 when i was told to get off lol
im such a stupid poop face

i was making gfx for ninja9393

Video_freak
July 31st, 2006, 17:28
that sux, see you in a week (have a nice vacation, poophead :))

DPyro
July 31st, 2006, 17:35
Well hurry up and get this over with then.

crait
July 31st, 2006, 19:15
lmfao

eazy-e
August 1st, 2006, 02:27
so it doesnt workn on fw 2.71

cloudpjff7
August 1st, 2006, 18:12
cool exiting!!!

crait
August 1st, 2006, 18:27
what?

MikeMcG
August 2nd, 2006, 18:29
He thinks it's exciting and cool that there might be homebrew for 2.70 users. :P I agree, I can't wait 'till you finish.

Striker10
August 2nd, 2006, 19:16
hey people,

Please let's try and keep this thread focused on what it's about. Let's just wait and watch until anything develops rather then back slapping and 'cool' etc..thanks :D (ps: Yes i'll shut up now)....

b4rtsimps0n
August 6th, 2006, 13:01
i just had to sign up for this forum to reply. omfg.
so i've read your whole story in your first post. well, you think you can adjust the function of X and O in the update eboot huh? Guess what, the error message is from the firmware itself! it doesn't load the update eboot cuz it's corrupted, so it didn't load ANY data from it. it's just a glitch in the error message, on certain type of psp's. get to the real world noob. you have no idea what you're talking about. 10000 times OMFG.

edit: i just looked at page 9..so you're making up excuses of delay, like all the fakers do. grounded? yeah right. almost done with 'the hack'? IT'S NOT A HACK. come on people. sorry to destroy your hopes, but please believe me, this guys a faker who hasn't got a clue.

edit2: jesus christ..i kept on reading on the previous pages..and i can't believe what shit you're telling these people. '
i'll quote you:

now i got an idea, maybe i could code a game for 1.5, that when you open it, it looks for ms0://psp/game/update/eboot.pbp and edits it from there!
this could work, and may lead to a perfect pbp file, with the signiture intact, that runs on every firmware, under 2.8 (or maybe edit the sfo to say 9.99 fw update?)

tell me your opinion, i want to hear from you
-----------------------------------------------------------

my opinion? OMFG you're so dumb it's not funny anymore. even if you could make this program, it would **** up the encryption. editing an update eboot, no matter how you do it, with psp or pc, will corrupt it cuz of the encryption. unless you have the sony encryption keys, you can't do anything with a modified update eboot.

crait
August 6th, 2006, 14:37
i WAS grounded
thats it, and as of yesterday, im not anymore
and actuallly, i have opened up the eboot, and i have actually seen ALL the code within it
ive opened the pbp file with a lot of different programs
and it never kills the signiture
the reason i havent gotton it to work yet was the prog i made, since its made with lua, cannot save a file thats about 20 megs
wich means, i have to use c/c++

b4rtsimps0n
August 6th, 2006, 15:36
i WAS grounded
thats it, and as of yesterday, im not anymore
and actuallly, i have opened up the eboot, and i have actually seen ALL the code within it
ive opened the pbp file with a lot of different programs
and it never kills the signiture
the reason i havent gotton it to work yet was the prog i made, since its made with lua, cannot save a file thats about 20 megs
wich means, i have to use c/c++

yeah maybe you was grounded. but your 'hack' is still fake. opening the eboot files doesn't kill the signature, but editing it does!
and what do you have to say to all the things i mentioned in my post, huh?

crait
August 6th, 2006, 15:40
well, basically all you said was im a "noob" and you complained about how im a fake
and what i have to say about that?

go back to pspupdates.qj.net
no one likes your kind here

because at dcemu.co.uk we take pride in saying this site is friendly, and full of constructive critisism, if its to say, hey man thats a good idea, or if its hey man, i dunno if it will work

DPyro
August 6th, 2006, 15:45
I already discussed this, once you've edited the eboot the signature is broken. This is due to the fact that the filesize and the overall eboot itself has changed. You may be able to change the version number, but thats about it. Any huge change to the eboot will break the code inside.

crait
August 6th, 2006, 15:55
the reason the signiture breaks is because when the eboot file is opened, on ... lets say notepad on your computer
the file automatically checks in a predesignated area for the other part of the signiture (i dont know what its called)
i also do not know where it is, but for now, lets say its under flash0:/utils/sig
ok, on the pc you dont have a flash0:/utils/sig so the signiture breaks
when you want to update on your psp it checks for flash0:/utils/sig too
which the psp DOES have, so the signiture does not break
so it doesnt matter what you use to edit the eboot, or even open it on your psp, as long as flash0:/utils/sig is still in your flash or rom, or where ever it is
so if you were to edit the eboot, and open it with my program i made, it would look for flash0:/utils/sig again, which the psp still has, so the signiture does not break

this signiture check kinda runs like the AUTORUN file on cd's
i know Geep has the autorun file to automatically open the flash video on the cd, and since my compy is like 300 mhz, it slows my compy down a lot

b4rtsimps0n
August 6th, 2006, 16:06
well, basically all you said was im a "noob" and you complained about how im a fake
and what i have to say about that?

go back to pspupdates.qj.net
no one likes your kind here

because at dcemu.co.uk we take pride in saying this site is friendly, and full of constructive critisism, if its to say, hey man thats a good idea, or if its hey man, i dunno if it will work

well i said that the error message isn't in the update eboot it self. so by changing the update eboot, you can't change the commands of the O and X buttons. The firmware gives the error message, it doesn't load anything from the update eboot.
and you obviously don't know shit about the encryption cuz it not just a check for a file or folder in the flash!
and if you open the update eboot with notepad, how the hell can it check for a certain place in the flash or something.

edit: Hey man, I Know this can and will NOT work.

crait
August 6th, 2006, 16:11
it checks if its there
if its not there then it kills the signiture
thats why it gets corrupt

and the message thats pulled up is because the flash was modded by me
i made the flash0:/utils/sig go away

also i stated i do not know where it is exactly!!!!!!!
read my posts!!!!

i also explained this a few pages back!

b4rtsimps0n
August 6th, 2006, 17:07
it checks if its there
if its not there then it kills the signiture
thats why it gets corrupt

and the message thats pulled up is because the flash was modded by me
i made the flash0:/utils/sig go away

also i stated i do not know where it is exactly!!!!!!!
read my posts!!!!

i also explained this a few pages back!

omfg you ****ing noob. that has nothing to do with the encryption you idiot.
and read my posts. this ain't gonna work cuz the error message isn't in the update eboot but in the firmware!

edit: oh and the file get's corrupted for the psp to read, cuz it isn't signed with the encryption keys from sony anymore after editing something, anything. that's why it won't start.

crait
August 6th, 2006, 17:52
omfg
you just dont get it?
im not talking about the error anymore!
your such an idiot

and stop saying noob, no one likes that word here, and also this isnt Runescape

and as i said earlier, go back to pspupdates

MikeDX
August 6th, 2006, 18:04
Show something please

b4rtsimps0n
August 6th, 2006, 18:06
thanks man
and i might be able to
i hope so, if it works, ill be like woo hoo

and another thing that i found....
i was messing around with the SFO of an update file. and i noticed something pretty wierd
the signiture/bootname thingy said that the file could go inside the directory named something like PSP,,c*
so i went on my psp, and droped the edited firmware inside that folder and turned on my psp(1.5)
i went to its icon and it showed up
so i tried to start it and it said it was curropted after the boot screen... but this curropted showed what it usually looks like when you open up an update file on 2.7 or so. but if the file was a normal homebrew it would have ran (please do not get confused with my main project... i was bored so i decided to tinker around a bit)
but when i tryed on my 2.71 it said data curropt, and doesnt show the icon

i thought i would say this just because i thought it was interesting that the pbp files could have 2 folders, and i didnt know if people knew this or not
guh

and finally im back at my house so i can get back to work!!!
are you talking about this then?
cuz all the idea's you come up with will certainly fail as you don't have any idea what you're doing.

oh yeah..and i don't post on pspupdates. and while the great devs have given up messing with an update eboot for like a year now, cuz they know it's something which is impossible to hack, unless you have eternal life and the encryption will be hacked in your lifetime.

if you just read your posts, very simple things that you just don't know. all those noobish mistakes you make. come on man you're not making any progress. you just won't listen i guess. well you know what they say, dumb people don't know they're dumb. i think that's the case here.

windwalker
August 6th, 2006, 18:56
Crait: I had to sign up for this forum because of this as well and we are both from the psp-hacks forums but unlike him I don't flame. I understand that you are new to all this by the proceedures that you do and you should listen to the truth in what he says. In any case, I do like the idea of the X button popping up because that could have pottential in loading a loader. yes there are security keys that exist on it but that doesn't mean that we can't find holes in it a.k.a. exploits. I say keep up the good learning you are doing because maybe with some actual help (instead of flaming) we might find a exploit.

crait
August 6th, 2006, 19:00
thank you windwalker,
and that post that b4rtsimps0n quoted me on, that was just a really random post, which i thought was interesting, because i was able to put a homebrew game in two different folders, and both times it showed up, even though i did not edit the pbp itself

windwalker
August 6th, 2006, 19:03
shhhh he is an undercover spy from sony to detour all beginner hackers from becoming to knowlegable of the force LMAO J/K but all we know he could be LOL anyway don't let a$$ holes get in the way.

crait
August 6th, 2006, 19:26
i usually do not, thanks for being cool with me windwalker
and i also thought that sony has people that try to porposely hack the firmwares lol and those people go to homebrew sites to try to see if anyone has released anything that could hack the newest firmware lol

windwalker
August 6th, 2006, 19:38
LOL maybe that is true. Put probably all the great hackers are there lol otherwise it would have been hacked LOL oh well. If the realy good hackers gave up then we are on our own to find an exploit. When one is found, the really good hacker will make a downgrader. We just need to find an exploit that will run a loader. Just keep in mind to try the new editions that they put in the psp like flash, aac and all that. if there wasn't a hole they wouldn't have made 2.8, just the matter of finding it and it is probably a realy wierd way of exploiting it so be creative. I am looking into ways also.

Kaiser
August 6th, 2006, 19:40
Time to chill out people. No need to flame.

b4rtsimps0n
August 6th, 2006, 19:57
thank you windwalker,
and that post that b4rtsimps0n quoted me on, that was just a really random post, which i thought was interesting, because i was able to put a homebrew game in two different folders, and both times it showed up, even though i did not edit the pbp itself

then tell me, what are you working on right now?

crait
August 6th, 2006, 20:09
a file made with c/c++ for the psp that mods the update file

that and my kirby game!;)

dagger89
August 6th, 2006, 20:10
At least this sounds more believeable then the gamesave hack LostPirate was working on.... this might work.... there rly hasn't much dev regarding this, so it might be possible, albeit unlikely

b4rtsimps0n
August 6th, 2006, 20:43
a file made with c/c++ for the psp that mods the update file

that and my kirby game!;)

then i already told you, that's not going to work. the psp can't encrypt the eboot for you. you don't quite understand the security of it. it doesn't just do a check in the flash to see if it's there. it checks if the file is encrypted with the sony signature, if it's not it won't start or just won't work.

but oh well, go ahead. if you have nothing better to with your time.

DPyro
August 6th, 2006, 21:03
This thread is getting too long and ridiculous. No progress has been made so I'm locking it.

motz
August 6th, 2006, 21:03
Time to chill out people. No need to flame.
:rolleyes: Good point.