PDA

View Full Version : UMD Problems

Rumpelstillskin
July 19th, 2006, 01:19
Recently I recieved a custom faceplate and I followed the directions on relacing it with the original one. Then I started playing a game from a UMD, but the analog stick was stuck in the down direction. So i unscrewed the new faceplate off and the analog stick mechanism was loose. I tighteded it then tried it out before I screwed the case back together, but this time the UMD drive refused to work. I tried out a umd movie and the icon came up after about 5 minutes of the Umd drive making lots of noises, also the movie would not start. I was wondering if my unscrewing the case was the reason for the UMD to stop working, or if it was just a horrifying coincidence. Eiter way, is there anything i can do to fix it?:confused:

HellsPlumber
August 12th, 2006, 22:57
It could be a problem with you actual UMD not the drive. It happened to my wipeout UMD once. I put it in the drive and it was makin loadsa noises but wouldent load the UMD. I found out that the plastic circle on the UMD case was loose. I just pushed it into place and it worked. Dunno if this is the problem tho. Give it a try.

monaug5
August 18th, 2006, 19:44
my UMD drive makes a clicking sound when its trying to load a game then it the game doesnt load and the clicking sound continues what should i do?

Video_freak
August 18th, 2006, 19:45
my UMD drive makes a clicking sound when its trying to load a game then it the game doesnt load and the clicking sound continues what should i do?
Hmmm, maybe try to see if the UMD drive isn't misplaced? It used to do that on my old PSP, but now it doesn't.

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 20:31
uhoh sounds bad ummm take the case apart and then put the old one together
and see if it effects you