PDA

View Full Version : Sonic 4 is developed by Dimps

Shrygue
February 17th, 2010, 20:15
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235305)

Sega's retro revival of its blue mascot, Sonic the Hedgehog 4, is not being developed by Sonic Team, it turns out.

The game's listing on Xbox.com (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0bbf0002-0000-4000-8000-000058410a07) has revealed that it is in fact Sonic Rush developer Dimps who's pressing the buttons. A good thing we'd say, if you consider both teams' output for the past few years.

Let's see. Sonic Team's done Sonic Unleashed, Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Riders and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Dimps has done both the Sonic Rush games (which are awesome) and co-developed Street Fighter IV while helping out with some of the daytime levels in Sonic Unleashed.

What do you reckon...

symbal
February 17th, 2010, 20:45
As long as they get it done right they could get a dyslexic ninedont nafyob to do it and i don't care.

yoshinatsu
February 18th, 2010, 02:13
Yep. Better choice indeed.

VampDude
February 18th, 2010, 03:40
If they do a better job than SEGA's recent efforts, the game will become a hit... Though it will be the first of the classic series without the credit role reading YUJI NAKA, his departure from Sonic Team was the beginning of the Sonic downfall.

XDelusion
February 18th, 2010, 04:28
Does sonic team still consist of the same members? Because everything they put out anymore is utter crap.

OK well maybe a wee bit on the fun side, but nothing to write home about.

VampDude
February 18th, 2010, 04:55
Does sonic team still consist of the same members?

Nope, the founders are no longer part of the team.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_Team):

Founder(s)

Yuji Naka
Naoto Oshima
Hirokazu Yasuhara

Key people

Takashi Iizuka (Game Designer/Producer)
Kazuyuki Hoshino (Artist)
Jun Senoue (Composer)
Yuji Uekawa (Illustrator)
Tetsu Katano (Programmer)

fpcreator2000
February 18th, 2010, 14:09
Judging by what Wikipedia has to say about Dimps;

Dimps (ディンプス, Dimpusu?) is an Osaka-based development studio with an additional office in Tokyo, Japan. Employing a staff of 218 people, it is known for developing such games as the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai trilogy for the PlayStation 2, and the Sonic the Hedgehog games specific to the Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS under the guise of Sonic Team. It also co-developed Tales of the Tempest on the Nintendo DS with Namco Tales Studio and co-developed Street Fighter IV with Capcom. The company was founded by several former SNK employees, including Street Fighter co-creators Takashi Nishiyama and Hiroshi Matsumoto.

I'd say hellz yeah!

Eviltaco64
February 18th, 2010, 21:42
I personally think Sonic started going downhill after Adventure (which I believe was the last game Oshima was involved with). Sure, the voice acting was poor, but it was still an alright game.

Here's to hoping they actually do well with this game.