PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for the newbie

icelandismine
July 19th, 2006, 03:53
Well, tommorow I'm going to pick up a PSP, primarily for music and running homebrew/emulators. I work at a video game store, so I can get probably any firmware version needed, but I need to what the easiest firmware versions there are to run emulators and homebrew, and a basic understanding of what is involved in getting them to do what I want. I'd rather not brick my psp. Also, is there any emulators out there that can run minor pc games? Stuff like X-com and such which is already abandon-ware.

Sorry for the ridiculous question but I don't havea whole lot of time to flip throught threads.

Ihatefloors
July 19th, 2006, 06:00
Try to get a 1.5 those can play homebrew and music if you cant get a 1.5. if you can't get then get a 2.0 or 2.01 those can be down graded, some newer firmwares can be downgrader but i dont know how to tell. to get homebrew to work just copy the homebrew into your game folder of the psp

dalejrrocks
July 19th, 2006, 21:13
get anything less than 2.5. that can be upgraded/downgraded all the way down to 1.00.

schmam121
July 19th, 2006, 22:01
I've posted this is another thread, but that's unlikely to be replied.
Now, as you can see, I'm a complete newbie - if this bothers you, then please don't reply.

I thought this would be a good thread to find a sympathetic ear.
I just bought a disc containing hundreds of games and other software, including firmware downgrades to 1.5. However, my PSP is 2.5 and I don't own GTA:LCS.

Can somebody please just tell me how I can play these hundreds of games on my PSP?

Thank you very much in advance.

BTW, I have bought a 2GB memory stick, and have downloaded several torrent file games. Is there an easy way to play these?

Also, as I've seen elsewhere in the forum, after the hours I have spent attempting to understand the new homebrew world, the games I have managed to put on have turned up to be 'Corrupted Files'. Help?

ALSO...the downgrade software on the discs appears to be out-of-date, and I'm not really willing to risk my PSP on something designed to downgrade from 2.00-->1.5.
Is there a way to play these games without a downgrade, and would it help that I am half-willing to fork out for GTA?

Thanks again.

Accordion
July 19th, 2006, 22:07
no warez go away
im being polite...
for now!

dalejrrocks
July 20th, 2006, 01:48
yep. no ISO's either. haha. you got scammed out of your money by buying something.

schmam121
July 20th, 2006, 08:15
So, how do I play ISO's?

Cooe14
July 20th, 2006, 09:34
So, how do I play ISO's?
Give me a "B", Give me an "A", Give me a "NN", Give me a "E", Give me a "D". What's that spell :p ? BANNED.

ACID
July 20th, 2006, 09:50
Cooe14 Like the cheer.LOL

schmam121
July 20th, 2006, 16:29
Why do you feel the need to be a cocky elitest arrogant ****wit?! There was a time when you were new to this, perhaps you should...I dunno, gain empathy? Yeah, that's it.
Being an evolved human being as I am, I can normally tell when somebody is in need, without use of twatty little retorts like this.

Accordion
July 20th, 2006, 17:00
your deluded
first you hijack someones thread, who is actually asking a decent question, then you insult everyone.
your breaking the forum rules
so there!! ha
Give me a "B", Give me an "A", Give me a "NN", Give me a "E", Give me a "D"
give him a "B" "A" "N"

schmam121
July 20th, 2006, 17:17
Wow, you really have that repetition down to a tee!
And, oh no! I'm breaking the forum rules! Not the forum rules?!
Besides, unless you haven't formulated the brain cells to properly comprehend insults, I was actually just insulting you...cretin.

And anyway, since you seem to be one of those little pasty forum gremlins, shouldn't you recognise that I wasn't actually hi-jacking the thread, but adding to it - you know it being a public forum?!
Perhaps you should work on your spelling, grammar and social compatability skills, and then maybe grow some balls.

Accordion
July 20th, 2006, 17:22
bye bye

schmam121
July 20th, 2006, 17:36
Im a little tea pot heres my spout!

shadowprophet
July 20th, 2006, 20:52
Tip me over and poor me out..

hmm seven day banns falling out of the sky today :cool:

Accordion
July 20th, 2006, 20:59
at last
i very nearly lost my mind trying to keep calm

thankyou shadow prophet!

Cooe14
July 20th, 2006, 21:18
I should become a cheerleader :p. How bout not....