PDA

View Full Version : am i able to run homebrew without anything sticking out of my ds lite?

micklick
July 19th, 2006, 04:05
Well I have modded my xbox, psp and just got a ds 2 days ago and am looking to mod it. But I still love the slim style of the lite and dont want to ruin it yet. After I flash it is there anything out there that would let me have everything I need in the game slot or does something stick out a little no matter what you get or do? THanks

bobtheninjaoffood
July 4th, 2007, 21:55
by stcik out you mean sort of like a gba cart?
because there is one homebrew thingy called supercard lite and it is built into one of those fake gba things that comes with your ds lite
you cant tell the difference and it comes in matching colors

nitrofreak06
July 10th, 2007, 05:56
i would sugest a m3 lite, for you gba homebrew

cataphrax
July 10th, 2007, 06:08
Theres a few slot 2 carts that don't stick out of the slot such as the m3 lite, and just about any other card with lite in the name but I'd stick with the m3 lite yeah, as it has extra memory and a micro sd. Or you can get a slot 1 cart. Any slot 1 except for the ds-xtreme will not stick out of the slot. Again, I'd recommend the M3, or R4 (they are essentially the same exact thing). All slot ones with out integrated storage have micro sd. I would not recommend the ds-xtreme or that G6 thing that came out either as they don't have expandable storage and the ds-xtreme sticks out of the top. Also, don't forget to get a memory card reader. Unless you splurge on the ds-xtreme which has built in usb.

imprompt
July 10th, 2007, 12:36
Theres a few slot 2 carts that don't stick out of the slot such as the m3 lite, and just about any other card with lite in the name but I'd stick with the m3 lite yeah, as it has extra memory and a micro sd. Or you can get a slot 1 cart. Any slot 1 except for the ds-xtreme will not stick out of the slot. Again, I'd recommend the M3, or R4 (they are essentially the same exact thing). All slot ones with out integrated storage have micro sd. I would not recommend the ds-xtreme or that G6 thing that came out either as they don't have expandable storage and the ds-xtreme sticks out of the top. Also, don't forget to get a memory card reader. Unless you splurge on the ds-xtreme which has built in usb.

The Ds-X does not stick out at the top.

Personally the CycloDS Evolution is quite good from my experience but most people seem to reconmend the R4.

None of the Slot 1 devices stick out of the DS or DSlite and there are many options for Slot-2 cards that do not stick out of your ds or DS-lite

BTW the DS-x was a great cart, but unfortunately slow support and updates in the last few months have reduced its effectiveness.

jak66
July 10th, 2007, 19:46
no one noticed this thread is from 2006 then...