PDA

View Full Version : Gizmondo Released in the UK

wraggster
October 30th, 2004, 06:17
Gizmondo Europe, a subsidiary of Tiger Telematics, announced today that it has begun shipping the Gizmondo handheld console to retail stores in the United Kingdom. A lineup of 12 games, from puzzle titles like Super Drop Mania to racers like Richard Burns Rally, will be available over the coming weeks. [br][br]Featuring an Nvidia GoForce 3D 4500 graphics accelerator chipset, along with a 400MHz ARM9 CPU, the Gizmondo offers gaming combined with digital photography capabilities, GPS functionality, and movie/MP3 playback capabilities. Included in the box will be a SIM card, a power adapter, headphones, a battery, and a USB cable. [br][br]To promote the new device, Gizmondo has signed top UK-based advertising agency Mother to develop and produce the Gizmondo worldwide ad campaigns. The agency has managed such high-profile clients as Coca-Cola, the NBA, and People magazine through its offices in London and New York City. [br][br]Gizmondo promises more announcements now that the hardware has launched. "As the newcomers, we've had to play many cards close to our chest. But this is about to change," said Gizmondo Europe managing director Carl Freer. "Over the coming weeks, there will be a series of Gizmondo announcements as we go to market." [br][br]The company plans to launch Gizmondo across the European continent and in other worldwide markets, including North America, Australia, and New Zealand, in 2005.

Eric
October 30th, 2004, 08:29
This is another system that will probably not be released in North America sadly seen as how i havent heard news about this one

wraggster
October 30th, 2004, 14:43
as with any fringe system, only time will tell

Segata_Sanshiro
October 30th, 2004, 16:23
I haven't been paying attention to the gizmondo and zodiac arrival to europe, does everybody but me know about the price, etc.? lol

William
November 9th, 2004, 05:29
I heard that the Gizmondo has been pushed back untill 6th December accoring to john lewis.

Segata_Sanshiro you can check out the prices at Allack

Saoshyant
November 9th, 2004, 12:15
Neat info as usual, mr Wraggster :)
Thank you for always keep us informed.

Hawq
November 13th, 2004, 10:23
They've been studying the PS2 ads from the ad I saw last night, fortunalty no duck things in sight though, the ad leaves you with no clue as to what the thing actually is

krowstrife
November 13th, 2004, 12:45
i am not paying $419.26 for it
damn
i good get a DS and a PSP for cheaper

Mental2k
December 19th, 2004, 13:31
I will wait to they start goin cheap on ebay. They chould be good but a bit expensive for someone who wants an ipod too.