PDA

View Full Version : PSP Batteries

mickmos
July 20th, 2006, 00:00
Iv hear that the batteries in a psp only last about 3 hours and then you have to recharge it. is there a way to charg it if the is no powerpoint near by. What i mean is can u put regular batteries in it when the real one runs out. and can someone please look at this and tell me how it works:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/New-USB-3200mA-External-Battery-Pack-for-PSP-w-Adapter_W0QQitemZ190007462875QQihZ009QQcategoryZ11 8191QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
How i see it is that you charge it in the wall so it has lots of power in it, then you take it out of the wall and plug it into your psp. Then the psp will charge just like it would if it was in the wall.

ACID
July 20th, 2006, 00:12
No you can't. It needs a regular energy sour to charge from or a car addapter.And the link its just an external adapter witch works from your usb port as an energy source. I recomend just buying an extra battery.

dalejrrocks
July 20th, 2006, 02:52
mine lasts more than 3 hours...

Shadowblind
July 20th, 2006, 02:59
Mine has a max capacity of 4 hours and 30 minutes, better but not good compared to 2 AA batteries in GBA for 15 hours.

pokemon_4_life_ese
July 20th, 2006, 07:08
you can just go to power save settings and turn the WLAN Power Save option off and the battery should last and hour or two longer than normal

Cooe14
July 20th, 2006, 07:14
you can just go to power save settings and turn the WLAN Power Save option off and the battery should last and hour or two longer than normal
That makes no sense. I think you meant to say turn it on.

pokemon_4_life_ese
July 20th, 2006, 07:19
That makes no sense. I think you meant to say turn it on.

no i didnt. if you disable this option it will take a few minutes to change the remaining battery life display in system settings but it works

cdrdj
July 20th, 2006, 12:55
Yeah, there is a Double A battery replacement. Check out Best Buy, I saw one there before. I think it uses up three or four batteries and has pretty good life considering what the PSP does.

Also, the OFFICIAL battery is stated as able to go UP TO 6 hours with stuff like gaming ( music isn't part of that cause i've gone over 10 hours listening without recharge) For psp UMD games on low light with Wlan off ( a graphicly strenuous and more active game like Ridge Racer) I can get more than 3 hours. For Memory stick stuff like Snes, I've played more than 4 hours on 333 mhz without it running out. Maybe it's just your battery. Get it returned or checked out cause i've never done anything that makes my battery run out after about 3 hours.

no i didnt. if you disable this option it will take a few minutes to change the remaining battery life display in system settings but it works

"Wlan Power Save option" is just what it's name states. Turning it ON SAVES POWER. Disabling this option DISABLES THE POWER SAVING function. Trust me i know, I use the web browser all the time and with this option turned on, the sites load super slow but gives me an extra 10 or 20 percent more power. With this off, the sites load normally.

Uruz 6
July 20th, 2006, 13:58
Well, if it's battery life we're speaking of (by the way my battery never lasted less than 4 hours) we might as well speak of those non-sony-double-life batteries.
Sooner or later I'm going to buy one.