PDA

View Full Version : PSP Motherboard Installation

bmp
July 19th, 2006, 23:28
Well I just joined today and was hoping some of you people at this site could help me out. I have just recently bricked my psp. Yeah :mad: , but I can get a new motherboard. I was just wondering if there was a guide out there for installing it. Yes i have read the undiluted platinum, does not really help. Watched the PSPTV video just shows me how to open it up not replace the motherboard. So I was hoping one of you hear could make a guide OR point me to a guide. I really searched but no luck. Cause I dont know what wires need soldering or melting on. Plus im not a total expert either. So any help would be appreciated.

slaphappygamer
July 20th, 2006, 00:45
another route you can go is to try dark_alex's "proof of concept" custom firmware. it may "unbrick" your psp and its free:D

dalejrrocks
July 20th, 2006, 01:50
no, there's nothing about replacing motherboards. plus it's not your motherboard that's bricked. you need UP.

kyle2194
July 20th, 2006, 04:27
Well, the flash chip is on the motherboard, take Zion for example. He downgraded using a motherboard preloaded with 1.5.

NoQuarter
July 20th, 2006, 04:27
I don't think you can install custom firmware on a brick- it needs to have been already installed.BTW what caused the brickage.I would recomend modchip before mother board,also you need details of what type of psp you have

bmp
July 20th, 2006, 04:35
well bricking was caused by updating to 2.0 from 1.5 cause i wanted to mph downgrade, because i had downgraded it from a 2.06. But in the middle of the update the flashing stopped and the power light went out. I also left it there for like an hour. Turned it on, only green powerlight and then it turns off. so i was like maybe sony will send it to me,but i removed sticker and they's probably send me a 2.71 so i guessed it would be easier to just install new motherboard. als o its a 1001 model. Also if any of you have a motherboard you would like to sell me or give me. It would be appreciated cause ebay has like 1. i only wanna spend like 40 bucks cause thats all i have.

NoQuarter
July 20th, 2006, 04:42
You really should go with the modchip although both would be of about comparable cost and difficulty.Try taking it back to where you got it.Good luck with only 40 bucks though:(