PDA

View Full Version : I need help with nxMakaqu and TAoV

ryoroy
July 20th, 2006, 10:15
Guten Tag! OK I will try it in English ;) :

I really do not know how to deal with nxMakaqu and TAoV. First of all I would like to simply use nxMakaqu to play Quake. I have nxMakaqu 1.0. When I extract the archive I get the folder Makaqu. There are two bin files, one 7zip file and a Quake folder. OK, the 7zip file is the source code which I do not need. What are the nxMakaqu. bin and the nxMakaqu_scrambled.bin files (I guess that these are the files I need to make it bootable?). Which files do I have to put in the root directory of my CD-R?

When it comes to TAoV I do not have any idea at all. Please help me. :confused:

SnoopKatt
July 20th, 2006, 11:27
If you open up the Quake folder, you should see an ID1 folder. Put your PAK files in there.

The structure should look like this:

ROOT:\Quake\
ROOT:\nxMakaqu.bin
ROOT:\nxMakaqu_scrambled.bin

By the way, it's not a selfboot, so you'll need to run it through BootDreams to make it selfboot.

As for TAoV, I can't help you, sorry.

ryoroy
July 20th, 2006, 11:48
Thank you very much for your answer. I have tried bootdreams now. Which file do I have to choose when it asks me to "select boot filename"? The nxMakaqu.bin or the nxMakaqu_scrambled.bin?

SnoopKatt
July 20th, 2006, 12:14
Choose nxMakaqu_scrambled.bin

ryoroy
July 20th, 2006, 12:44
Oh no, I get the message: "There was an error creating the DiscJuggler Image". I think I will try again at home and not at work!

The problem with TAoV is that there is no IP included. I think I have to use the normal nxMakaqu_scrambled.bin, but I do not want to burn a lot of CD-Rs testing.

ryoroy
July 20th, 2006, 19:58
OK, as for nxMakaqu I am happy. I just had to rename the xMakaqu_scrambled.bin to 1ST_READ.bin. It is running great. But how to deal with TAoV?

SnoopKatt
July 21st, 2006, 03:10
Is TAoV a Quake mod (sorry I'm bad with mods)? If it is, then just copy the files that are in the normal Quake directory to ROOT:\Quake and do the same with the PAK's and so on.

ryoroy
July 21st, 2006, 09:13
No, it is a standalone MOD. It does not need quake. It is working with nxMakaqu. But how? :confused:

SnoopKatt
July 23rd, 2006, 01:15
Hmm, dunno. But I'm glad it works.