PDA

View Full Version : Noob Question

Striker10
July 20th, 2006, 13:06
Hi,

i've read the site (ALOT) and various others couldn't find the answer but I saw someone here asking if they've got a 2.5/2.6 straight from the factory could they downgrade, now is the only reason they might not be able to downgrade if they have the newer motherboard (numbers escape me) but the one that don't even support the up chip? I got a 2.71.... -bangs head smiley- but no numbers/letters on the motherboard so if they do manage to help us crazy fools with this lame firmware should it be possible to downgrade or is there something else i'm missing? I do realise btw the current situation with 2.71's but it's people like you with the 1.5's that ****ing got me a 2.71 you quick shopping *******s....:D

jwilds73
July 20th, 2006, 14:01
According to the "2.70 can not run Homebrew" sticky located at the top of this forum. If it was a snake it would have bit you.

YOU CAN'T RUN HOMEBREW ON A 2.70 PSP! DONT UPGRADE!
The GTA exploit has been patched. The tiff exploit has been patched. IF YOU LIKE YOUR HOMEBREW DO NOT UPGRADE TO 2.70! There is no downgrader. There will probably never be a downgrader. DO NOT ASK HOW TO RUN HOMEBREW ON 2.70. YOU CANT AT THIS TIME! Thanks.

Striker10
July 20th, 2006, 14:55
Honestly i could kick 1.5 users asses for giving us poor slow people the 2.71. It's just not right. Give me your 1.5 damn you. C'mon now...you know you want too..:D

splodger15
July 20th, 2006, 17:51
According to the "2.70 can not run Homebrew" sticky located at the top of this forum. If it was a snake it would have bit you.

YOU CAN'T RUN HOMEBREW ON A 2.70 PSP! DONT UPGRADE!
The GTA exploit has been patched. The tiff exploit has been patched. IF YOU LIKE YOUR HOMEBREW DO NOT UPGRADE TO 2.70! There is no downgrader. There will probably never be a downgrader. DO NOT ASK HOW TO RUN HOMEBREW ON 2.70. YOU CANT AT THIS TIME! Thanks.

you were like some of the ppl who said there will never be a downgrader for 2.5/2.6 psps

jwilds73
July 20th, 2006, 19:34
you were like some of the ppl who said there will never be a downgrader for 2.5/2.6 psps

No I simply cut and paste the post. Truth is though RIGHT NOW there is no way to run homebrew on or downgrade the 2.71 OS. And the mod chip doesnt currently work with the new boards. I have never said anything of the sort about the impossibility of downgrading etc. Please don't put words in my mouth.

Striker10
July 20th, 2006, 19:41
No 'arguing' in my thread or i'll let loose the horny wilderbeast..:p . My question was basically if my psp 2.71 has an older motherboard, theoretically if they did create a downloader (I have faith) should it work or is there another reason why it might not that i'm not aware of? I do know downgrading is a risk in itself and not 100% btw. That was my question, it's purpose. I'm a new form of newbie. We're smart, educated but very poor people. Give us your money...:)

jwilds73
July 20th, 2006, 20:14
If your 2.71 on a old mb then yes just wait. The 2.71 hack will be found. If your rich and can't wait try and trade it in and get an older one now. Hopefully the new mb workaround will be found also. Where there is a will there's a way. And the hackers in the psp community thrive on these challenges.