PDA

View Full Version : SEGA CD/32 X emulator for Dreamcast;

Link-13
March 7th, 2005, 12:54
Hi ya there.
I know there is a SNES emu for Dreamcast...
I know there is Mega Drive/Genesis emu too.
But,what about SEGA CD and 32X;

Darksaviour69
March 7th, 2005, 13:05
no, there are no SEGA CD and 32X emus for the DC :-/

Christuserloeser
March 7th, 2005, 15:44
...SegaCD emulation could be a question of time though, as soon as GenesisPlusDC v1.0 is released and there's enough power left it might be possible to have playable SegaCD emulation on DC.

But it won't be any time soon. It's much harder to emulate a NeoGeo(CD) than a SegaCD!
The SegaCD has lots of custom chips for grfx, sound plus a second Motorola 68000! That's stuff the NeoGeo doesn't have. Think of two NeoGeos running in sync at the same time on a DC...

It would require a lot of tricks like underclocking, faking, frameskip and stuff like that to get SCD emulation at a playable speed - but it's possible.

Don't bother asking for a 32X emu though, we most likely see an almost full speed Sega Saturn emu for DC before we ever see a 32X emu... ;)

Chris

quzar
March 7th, 2005, 19:34
But it won't be any time soon. It's much harder to emulate a NeoGeo(CD) than a SegaCD!

i know you meant it the other way around, but unless someone else didnt notice... he meant it the other way around.

also, on the subject, I am fairly certain that 32x emulation is more possible than SCD emulation. (by using the same method that bluecrab is using to emulate the saturns CPUs, which gives you CPU emulators that are faster than the fastest 68k core we have.)

Cast128dreams
March 8th, 2005, 11:11
Yes,good guestion Link-13!!!!!....I would really love to play Sonic cd or Chaotix holding Dreamcast contrller...If it is possible then you should make.
Such games are part of Sega histoty and we feel proud about it ;D

Link-13
March 8th, 2005, 12:44
Well,thanks anyway for the replies. :)
I'd really love to play Sonic CD & Knuckles Chaotix on my Dreamcast.
Thanks again.

Cast128dreams
March 9th, 2005, 12:33
Yea cool!!!!!!!