PDA

View Full Version : ALL HAIL THE NEW PC ENGINE EMU

scrabbus
February 28th, 2005, 15:10
come on people, all hail the utter grooviness of the whole thang thang, come on, THIS IS SO COOL I could weep

scrabbus
February 28th, 2005, 15:18
[br] A preview release of HuCast, a PC Engine CD / TurboDuo emulator for the Dreamcast by Quzar (http://www.screamcast.net/boards/viewtopic.php?p=1340#1340)[br][br]This emulator is not fullspeed, but can play Hu-Card games and SuperCD games at speeds matching/surpassing DreamEngine.[br][br]Download availible HERE (http://www.screamcast.net/publicdownloads/HuCast_Preview.zip)

isnt it just AMAZING

Christuserloeser
February 28th, 2005, 22:20
Absolutly.

scrabbus
March 1st, 2005, 10:32
well, this was before I realised I couldnt use any of my old programmes with my new pc, BASTARDS they killed my fun (microshite), anyway I used to use dssbs, it worked groovily enough on win 98 but refuses to work in XP, I WANNA USE THIS EMU NOW!!!! BUT i dont know how to burn a working disk with roms (PD) can you help me? I'm off to blacken my lungs with the delicious rolled drum ciggie, HELP HELP HELP :-[

Christuserloeser
March 3rd, 2005, 13:40
There's been a SBI released, M@jk compiled it. Can u use SBInducer?

scrabbus
March 3rd, 2005, 21:25
nope, i have absolutely no idea!! I could use some help, thanks

curt_grymala
March 4th, 2005, 01:23
What's the problem?

SBInducer, DSSBS Final, Selfboot, and many more work just fine on WinXP. If you're having problems, pop on over to DCHelp and see if you can find any solutions in our tutorials. If not, then go ahead and post in the Help forum here or over in the DCHelp forums.

dreamliste
March 8th, 2005, 16:39
excellent!!!

obelisk
March 8th, 2005, 18:19
the sbi version, it was working fine for me until my power outlets were sparking last nite.
one probby i had with it, was no ability to go back to the rom menu... but, more important, i should say, are my home's electrical problems. good job quzar.

Zorlon
March 8th, 2005, 23:54
I love the thing there are even a number of games that seem to run great if not fullspeed or very close to fullspeed.

Can't wait for the next version :D

obelisk
June 28th, 2005, 21:28
Bump for DC, Bump for Quzar. Bump for this EMU.

quzar
June 28th, 2005, 22:18
yea well.... maybe after i get out the newer version of NeoDC (or whatever I'm gonna name the emulator once all these changes are done) i'll get to it.

DCDayDreamer
June 28th, 2005, 23:08
Bump for DC, Bump for Quzar. Bump for a name to go with the EMU.

obelisk
June 29th, 2005, 02:12
right on. :) yay.
quNeo?
NeoZarDC?
QuaziNeoDC?

quzar
June 29th, 2005, 03:41
I've been mulling around acronymical names such as QUMAZE (Quzar's Ultimate M68000 and Z80 Emulator) or QUZAM (same but rotated). The reason for my want to rename is because of the extreme amount of brand new code i'm writing for this compared to normal ports (discounting GUIs). I've been reading up on SH assembly and have already modified a few common functions to improve efficiency.

All that discussion belongs elsewhere though.

Christuserloeser
June 29th, 2005, 14:32
I like QUZAM but still NeoDC seems to be a very cool name, as it translates to "new Dreamcast" :)

Regarding the PCEngine emulator, found a link, dunno how useful it is tho:
http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Bay/9975/PC2E/english.html

quzar
June 30th, 2005, 07:42
It's not that I need information about it or anything, I just simply HAVE NOT touched it at all since I released it. Once I'm finished with the next NeoDC version and get a few more pieces of hardware added into it I might choose to go and re-port Hu-Go. Frankly, as I'm sure I've said elsewhere before, my initial port was done over a year ago before I had ever successfully ported anything or written a full program. It didn't work because of my dev environment, and it turns out that after I upgraded it worked. I spent a few days rewriting the video and was going to come back to it later. That was around... October 04 I think. The only reason it did get released and when it did was that the day before I released it I tried DreamEngine for the first time and realized that what I had (although slow) was already faster than it.

Anyways, NeoDC is special to me because it's my first project and I want to see it reach its utmost potential before delving completely into another project that requires so much attention and work. (unlike Bhole or Nanowasp which were fairly straight ports)

Cast128dreams
July 1st, 2005, 09:53
I havent try this but i will check this out soon..
It looks great.

obelisk
July 1st, 2005, 18:18
Thanks for the splaining. Far out. You guys, (coders, porters, etc) should have a fund.

Cast128dreams
July 2nd, 2005, 16:58
Wow Just Wow