PDA

View Full Version : For those having problems burning HuCast preview

fackue
March 4th, 2005, 03:24
Download the original zip file of HuCast preview:
Right here (http://www.screamcast.net/publicdownloads/HuCast_Preview.zip)

Download this newly created BDS image for HuCast preview:
HuCast_Preview_BDS.zip (http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/tools/projects/bds_images/HuCast_Preview_BDS.zip)

Download BootDreams 0.1.1 (Fixed BDS file support):
Over @ Dreamcast Help (http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/prj_bootdreams.shtml)

Extract BootDreams and the BDS images for HuCast. Place HuCast preview.bds in a subfolder of BootDreams named, bds.

Extract HuCast_Preview.zip to its own folder. Don't worry about whether the 1st_read.bin is scrambled or not - BootDreams will handle this. Don't worry about obtaining an Ip.bin - BootDreams will handle this.

Place all ROM supported by HuCast in the extracted HuCast_Preview folder. Make sure they're in the root of the folder.

Open BootDreams and goto Option>Use BDS image. Make sure it's checked, and make sure the BDS image in the bds subfolder.

Choose your image/recording method and start.

You will be asked to select your BDS image, select HuCast preview.bds. If you're prompted that 1st_read.bin is unscrambled scramble it.

That's it. You have a working disc/image.

quzar
March 4th, 2005, 03:42
Nice, two birds with one stone, pefect way to plug your new tool and to promote the proper burning of mine. quite excellent =).

scrabbus
March 4th, 2005, 11:33
the links for the Hucast preview BDS is down :-[ :-[ :-[

fackue
March 4th, 2005, 22:55
:-/ Sorry about that, link fixed.

curt_grymala
March 5th, 2005, 01:29
Nice, two birds with one stone, pefect way to plug your new tool and to promote the proper burning of mine. quite excellent =).

That's exactly what I told him. ;D

It should work perfectly. Worked beautifully for me.

warmtoe
March 5th, 2005, 09:02
Didn't work for me!

I selected the folder of the HUCAST folder I extracted the Hucast Preview into, I selected the right bds file - I was burning DiscJuggler image - and I got a coaster.

First thing that strikes me, no IP.BIN on the disk burned.

curt_grymala
March 5th, 2005, 16:29
Did you use BootDreams 0.1? LyingWake mentioned in another post that his first public release of this tool somehow screwed up the BDS functionality, and that he was working on a fix. I don't know if he released that fix yet or not. :-/

fackue
March 5th, 2005, 18:08
warmtoe, if bin2boot asked if you would like to create an IP.BIN and you typed in the right name, 1st_read.bin, then you don't need to worry about the IP.BIN because it won't be burnt on the disc. It's automatically be hack into the image.

No, the fix has not yet been released, as that's only geared toward helping people relizing that they need an ASPI driver installed if they do not already have one.

From what it sounds like, it might not be you burning the image incorrectly, but HuCast may not like your DC for some reason. Is your DC PAL? Maybe try burning the DiscJuggler image with Alcohol - maybe your CD writer needs the settings set in DiscJuggler (I've never had problems with the default settings)?

EDIT: I probably should of made the BDS image more detailed -- did you put your ROMs in the root folder?

quzar
March 5th, 2005, 18:39
I have already have PAL users tell me it works, even though I didnt take that into account =P. btw, warmtoe, this doesnt have the changes you made to the sound, but i was able to fix the static (turned out it was asking for 16bit sound but playing 8 bit without converting =P.

space
March 11th, 2005, 10:50
doesnt work for me either ;-(

UK pal machine

followed instuctions to the letter!

if i use the sbi file - it boots up - i just need to know where to put my roms

in the root or in a directory?

space
March 11th, 2005, 14:51
ok - the sbi works fine !

anyway to centre the screen on the TV?

being on the left kinda puts me off

plays great though!

sPaCe

fackue
March 11th, 2005, 18:22
That's odd how it isn't working for some people.

I don't wanna say this is your problem, but curt_grymala recently had some problems with his Dreamcast reading CDs and it turned out that his Dreamcast for some reason didn't like how CDRecord was burning them.

If you were burning the disc with CDRecord, try using Alcohol 120%, Nero, or DiscJuggler.

space
March 11th, 2005, 20:01
No DC is fine! - If I use sbi HUCAST is fine (i dont think hucast works that well if it cant find roms)

BUT - i do have to duplicate the roms for some odd reason - i.e. put them in the root and also duplicate into the EMU folder - this works well

having not played PC engine on a proper TV before - i dont know what to expect... So is it correct that some games only use half my screen and some are full screen ??

sPaCe