PDA

View Full Version : I think my DC broke...(TG16/PCE emu)

quzar
October 19th, 2004, 20:52
http://www.screamcast.net/staff/Quzar/SoldierBlade.jpg

;D ;D

Mekanaizer
October 19th, 2004, 21:00
Hi

So you got the emu to work :) and i see you got the colors working
ok it will be the 3º TG16 (PC Eng) emu great work quzar

-Mekanaizer-

Cereal
October 19th, 2004, 21:21
Awsomeness and I made a cool fan logo. If your cool support Quzar and wear this logo.

mh777
October 19th, 2004, 21:44
/me humps quzar's leg and demands shots of Alien Crush, his favorite TG-16 game of all time, running on teh emu!

Cereal
October 20th, 2004, 05:54
Go to the dcemulation.com topic about it and theres a shot of alien crush. What I wanna see it a shot fo twin bee.

wraggster
October 20th, 2004, 10:17
id rather not go to another forum thanks

Nice work Quzar ;)

Cereal
October 20th, 2004, 11:05
Why cant we just clam dcemulation as are own and take all the there users :D

jinx
October 20th, 2004, 11:54
I came here from DCEMULATION, and I like it a lot better, poeple seem a little happier and more helpful.

Quzar, thats awsome man.

obelisk
October 20th, 2004, 16:13
Woohooo.... hot damn!!!

fil
October 20th, 2004, 16:50
definitely, people here are nicer

few arrogant people that jump on you and act sarcastic at dcemulation unluckily

quzar
October 20th, 2004, 17:20
here are some more screenshots for the dcemulation.com impared =p

http://www.screamcast.net/staff/Quzar/Salamander.jpg

http://www.screamcast.net/staff/Quzar/Splatterhouse.jpg

http://www.screamcast.net/staff/Quzar/Aliencrush.jpg

the poor quality is cause im taking them with my cellphone camera =P ( i cant quite get screenshots working)

obelisk
October 20th, 2004, 20:28
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

law56ker
October 21st, 2004, 05:17
definitely, people here are nicer

few arrogant people that jump on you and act sarcastic at dcemulation unluckily
Stop bashing dcemulation! both sites are good sites and partners. Hey quzar how is the speed on this emu? what is it based off.

quzar
October 21st, 2004, 05:32
Based on 'Hu-go!' Right now running somewhere around 20fps, although this may be vastly inaccurate as I dont have a method to measure it. That is with sound by the way =).

law56ker
October 21st, 2004, 07:00
cool, i never got to play the tg16 much but i know it's got some great games like castlevania, also i remember back in the day when my rich friend had one and the graphics where awesome compared to nes, i was so jealous.

Eric
October 21st, 2004, 07:21
Hey quzar that sounds wicked dude i will giver a test and this goes out to the people saying DCEMU is more polite they are both just about the same and most of the people there are here to and act the same

Eric
October 21st, 2004, 07:23
you double posted :P

wraggster
October 21st, 2004, 10:16
what a great year for the scene :)

wraggster
October 21st, 2004, 12:18
does this emulator support bigger sizes of roms than 200k?

VampiricS
October 21st, 2004, 12:36

Well if the screenshots are taken from the emulator,and that Soldier Blade is running, that mean it can load roms bigger then 200k for sure, since that game is bigger then 200k.

quzar
October 21st, 2004, 12:44

was that the biggest size that DreamEngine could do?! I can load 60+meg isos=P. I have yet to try a SuperCD3 game but I have tried SuperCD2.

Cap'n 1time
October 21st, 2004, 15:20
Cool quazar. wernt you working on another project too? I remember being excited about it whatever it was.

obelisk
October 21st, 2004, 17:55
Wraggster, you're correct, this has been a quite good year for the scene, it's a great day when your favorite system gets so many great emus. I don't know about the xbox, PS2, gp32, or GBA scenes,. Cause i don't have an xbox, ps2, gp32 or gba flashcard. I am learning about the DreamCast scene, and what i'm seeing is absolutely stunning. Quzar, It must have taken a long time for you to build this up, I want to say thank you 'cause it's been too long since ive enjoyed tg games on a TV. screen. BTW, the screenshots, don't worry about them so much, your camera is okay, and the screenshots don't mean hoot to people 'cept to show that it's running, and i think that's all we need to worry about for the time being. Also, I'd like to note, that the only big difference, that I can see, between dcemu and dcemulation is that a lot of posts that come up in "current forum posts", on the index page have to deal with XBox, PS2, phones, and GP32 and some commercials. It would be kinda neat to have a little sub zone maybe below, or to the side called "DC" and have a little bot grab post headers in DC forums? Is that a lame idea? If it is, i'll take back my words, 'cause i know that all scenes contribute to 1 another, and we should push for "gamer unity".

Alexvrb
October 21st, 2004, 19:57
DC Factory had something like that, only it was main page news, not forum posts. That just reminded me of it. Anyway, good work Quzar, although I'd like to point out (after reading obelisk's comments) that the Hugo author did most of the work. :P ;)

The hardest work for Quzar is yet to come. 60fps! Get crackin! ;D

obelisk
October 21st, 2004, 21:56
i'd like to take back that little bit up there about post seperation. I'm far too lazy.

quzar
October 21st, 2004, 23:12
Cool quazar. wernt you working on another project too? I remember being excited about it whatever it was.

Well, I was working on CPS1 emulation, but after gaining about 5 fps over the current sources, I relalized they had been underclocked (by half) the whole time. So Im going to wait a while and revisit it with new CPU cores at some point.

I had also been working on BholeDC, the DOS emulator, and that is on the verge of release. (remember it only plays a few games).

Then as for this, I started working on it tuesday morning, finished porting it tuesday evening and posted the screenshots late that night. That day i spent over 20 hours straight (i got up like... twice for bathroom/food) on it because i was so excited.

So this is still very much just a baby, and you all shouldnt expect any sort of release for another week or so.

law56ker
October 22nd, 2004, 04:02
Thanks quzar for your hard work, we have yet to see a great tg16 on the dreamcast, it's cool to see something new and exciting.

Cap'n 1time
October 22nd, 2004, 15:52
I think it was the CPS1 emulator!
I was wondering what exactly Bhole was based on.
I for some reason thought it was you that was working on a new neopop, that may have been the guys from imr tech... and that would suck because i dont think they would bother now.

obelisk
October 22nd, 2004, 16:38
pls dont feel pushed by me... i don't want to be 1 of thos ppl who ask 4 a fast, sloppy releae. thank you fir what u done.

quzar
October 22nd, 2004, 17:05
I think it was the CPS1 emulator!
I was wondering what exactly Bhole was based on.
I for some reason thought it was you that was working on a new neopop, that may have been the guys from imr tech... and that would suck because i dont think they would bother now.

i was working on the new neopop, but since gpf got a port working i guess im out (although it has yet to work on a real DC =P).

ron
October 23rd, 2004, 05:09
Quzar, execllent work. Congratulations. :D

tinku
October 23rd, 2004, 10:59
Gouls n Ghosts full speed with sound will do nicely,

great work i must say, WELL DONE

tinku :)

Christuserloeser
October 23rd, 2004, 11:28
:o Quzaaaaaaaar! ;D 8)

:-*

VampiricS
October 23rd, 2004, 11:46
Gouls n Ghosts full speed with sound will do nicely,

great work i must say, WELL DONE

tinku :)

I'd be surprised if ghouls n ghost could be full speed right now, since it's a SGX cart,which is a little harder to emulate.

milfzor
October 28th, 2004, 13:57
ive got faith in quazar, me and him have been talking every now and again and he keeps updating me on the progress......i think he will get this thing running at or VERY near fullspeed sometime very soon........

Eric
October 28th, 2004, 18:51
Okay quzar send me some stuff over time for me to test

quzar
October 28th, 2004, 19:58
i havent sent anyone test things yet. right now its running at about 60-70% speed with sound.

iq_132
October 28th, 2004, 21:29
That's awesome! :o
I can't wait for a release :)

obelisk
October 28th, 2004, 22:23
far out. :) way2go quzar.

Eric
October 29th, 2004, 06:32
alright quzar you know the email so when its ready for testing i will giver a test

scrabbus
October 30th, 2004, 07:28
I could CRY, I really could, this will be the best early christmas present ever, I LOVE PCE

wraggster
October 31st, 2004, 00:43
hows the speed with out sound?

do smaller games run faster with sound than the bigger ones?

quzar
October 31st, 2004, 02:26
I never mentioned anything about no sound before pretty much because it makes no noticable difference in speed.

I have pretty much been testing with the same games so i dont really know about the speed differences between different sized games, but it shouldnt make a difference.

For the past few days a i've sort of taken a break from it but i think ill get back on it tomorrow =P.

obelisk
October 31st, 2004, 11:25
Happy Haloween!

scrabbus
November 3rd, 2004, 02:53
its all GROOVY ALL ALL GROOVY

scrabbus
November 7th, 2004, 06:10
So is there a release date pencilled in for this??? I GOTTA HAVE IT, I JUST GOTTSTA, I am definately not the only person in here who craves this emu, full speed and sound, oh the possibilities, beats having to pay extortianate prices for the real console and games. £260 for a pce anyone????

quzar
November 7th, 2004, 12:47
Well i've been thinking something along the lines of thanksgiving (november 24th?) but at the rate in which i am increasing speed, that might not be a good idea. I want for the first release to have solid advantages over DreamEngine, and at the moment slow, choppy sound and SCD support dont cut it in my mind.

Also, the fact that Screamcast.net is still down doesnt help that situation, as I am going to release it on there.

scrabbus
November 8th, 2004, 14:06
thanks for the reply, maybe this would make a good birthday gift i'm 31 on the 15th of dec this year so, erm, you know, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, eh, eh...It all sounds great though mate keep up the good work, you know us old timers apreciate the hard work and effort, we, erm I do, hehehe

dreamcastninja
December 22nd, 2004, 12:03
any new info on this? I am reaaaally looking forward to it

LyonHrt
December 22nd, 2004, 12:22
Well i've been thinking something along the lines of thanksgiving (november 24th?) but at the rate in which i am increasing speed, that might not be a good idea. I want for the first release to have solid advantages over DreamEngine, and at the moment slow, choppy sound and SCD support dont cut it in my mind.

Also, the fact that Screamcast.net is still down doesnt help that situation, as I am going to release it on there.

I'm guessing he feels that its still to slow right now for release.

gymguy24
December 29th, 2004, 01:35
any new news on this guys anyways big props go out to quzar for all his hard work on many projects in the scene.

scrabbus
December 29th, 2004, 12:53
there must be some news..right? ???

milfzor
December 29th, 2004, 20:46
i know that quzar is somewhat of a perfectionist, he doesnt release stuff till it's good and ready, last i spoke to him, he was still poking around with it, so im sure he will release it once he's got it worked out

Florre
January 13th, 2005, 16:54
Quzar , we are lucky to have people like you in the DC scene! Thanks for all your work, we all really appreciate (sorry my bad english hehe) it!

quzar
January 13th, 2005, 17:39
well since this got bumped might as well update it. basically there has been no work on it since the last update i made. i may release it as-is as a pre-official version, but I intend to wait for the next version of the emulator to come out then i'll add a dreamcast part to the official sources.

obelisk
January 13th, 2005, 18:35
from zeograd? You're waiting for the next release from him?

quzar
January 13th, 2005, 19:22
yes, he recently said there would be a new release soon. in the mean time i have plenty of other projects which is why i feel it is ok to wait it out.

scrabbus
February 2nd, 2005, 21:08
getting bored now

quzar
February 2nd, 2005, 21:14
well why don't you go do something productive then?

obelisk
February 2nd, 2005, 23:00
boy i got reallyy.... ruffled

BaldMonk
February 8th, 2005, 11:30
Take your time Quzar.... this is a favor to all of us, so don't feel pressured into releasing it before your ready :)

quzar
February 8th, 2005, 15:10
Take your time Quzar.... this is a favor to all of us, so don't feel pressured into releasing it before your ready :)

you're =P

thanks. when i saw that this thread was draged up the first thought that came to my head was "goddamn it i already said i wasnt releasing it anytime soon"

obelisk
February 8th, 2005, 18:55
yeah, then that ninny back at pg 3 or 4 started up that crud.. grrr. you're doing what you can, it's a work in progress, and we're all (not the antsy ppl) behind you and support your ideas, time, etc. thanks quzar.

BaldMonk
February 9th, 2005, 00:19
[sacrasm]Awww, but we want it NOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWAAA!!![/sarcasm] :D

Yeah, it's amazing the arrogance of some people acting like you owe them something. I mean, like everyone else, I can't bloody wait to have a go, but I'm not gonna whine until you give in... haha.

obelisk
February 9th, 2005, 03:52
it's like, people should just like back off, eh, so i say to my fellow or whatever forum (buddies?) not to post here no more, 'cause it bugs q. *
i mean no one owes no one crap. this is a contrubution, *in a world where people can't even trust their wives, best friends, etc, who owes anyone, no one, not a thing. *be happy what u got, and stuff... *it's like wishing for a kind of beer or a whatever, or a game, or whatever that's a flashback inducer from back "then", to be developed that's just pow, and hella reminds you of the old days... *i guess thats how i relate it. sorry if i offend. *im not trying to be a jerk, i just want to speak my mind and get it off my chest. *thanx. *let's let this be the last post, kay... *let's let the ship take sail, that is possibly hugo for dc, until then i recommend highly looking into translated versions and other versions of whatever for TG16 on other systems that are currently emulated on dc, if you need it so bad. *let us let it seek the harbor of 1 or 0, let go. *if it grows, we are happy, if not, we will try deal, or try different things, we're humans here. *move on, eh.

quzar
February 27th, 2005, 19:30
I'll release a preview version in the next few days. The true port will come later, but after trying Dreamengine I found that this already surpasses it even in the poor state that it is in =P.

Eric
February 27th, 2005, 19:53
Well i think this is a good release i know with Dreamengine i never thought about downloading it do to the no sound part and now i am glad i didnt do to the slow speeds its just great that somebody got it working on the Dreamcast congrats to quzar for updating the speeds and sound