PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast emu for N64....so what?

Cast128dreams
February 24th, 2005, 00:52
Hi guys!!!
Ok to get to the point...Some days ago i AMAZED downloaded a Dreamcast emulator for the N64....
Without second thinking i burn the Cd...
The cd worked but what its really happening with the roms?(well if this project is capable to read them)..Do i have to burn them to this cd or i have to boot them with this project(n64 emu)......
Thanx for your time!!........

Eric
February 24th, 2005, 01:48
It was actually a spoof emu and if anything will work on it, its probably homebrew for the N64

Darksaviour69
February 24th, 2005, 11:44
yeah, there is no n64 emu for the DC that can play any Commercial games.

Cast128dreams
February 24th, 2005, 18:52
Ok thank you both guys......I dont know what to say......
But why this emu(as its called in the site)is in Dreamcast's emulator page and why people are working at this projects if the final work is........nothing(i could say)The results will show off maybe....I hope that some day Dreamcast owners will have the Change to play 64 games in Dreamcast!!!!
Thanx you for your time!!!!!!

GPF
February 24th, 2005, 19:54
Yeah its only was technical exercise to see if I could get anything to run, so I ported an old dos N64 emulator that only can play a couple of homebrew roms. the source is available if anyone wanted to continue it.

Troy

Cast128dreams
February 24th, 2005, 23:45
???Ok i see......And If you are the creator of this half-emulator whats the couple of homebrew roms that this dos-emulator can load?.....Also,how you are managmenting the Roms?(well,these couple.....why not)....
T

GPF
February 25th, 2005, 00:21
its only works with Stars and Fire and if you hack the waverunner commercial rom down it will display the n64 logo.

I think the emulator i released has fire in the romdisk, it would require recompiling to use a different rom i think. Its been a long time since i looked at it. And I haven't been able to get it to work since iv upgraded my toolchain and compiler.

Troy