PDA

View Full Version : A simple question

darkcrab
March 1st, 2010, 04:04
This may not be in the right forum, and if it isnt im sorry but ive been muddling this over the past few weeks and with tax returns on the way ive got the cash now.

Ive got a ds, it works well and im enjoying it, but the psp has loads of games i wanna play. So i began looking at the psp go, and even read a few reviews for when it first came out.

The reviews back in 2009 seemed to write it off as a piece of crap, so now i ask you, the mighty forumgoers a few questions.

1. Has it improved? If so is it worth getting, a note is that ive NO psp at all right now, so i wont be loseing money on any purchased psp games.

2. ive heard the control layout/psn network downloading speed is atrocious, is that true?

3. Again this was in 09, but they said dling games cost nearly twice as much as purchasing them for psp, tell me that isnt true please.

4. I cant find a library of downloadable games on psp go, id give cookies to find one.

5. Final question, overall for a new psp player is go worth it? Or is a psp model worth it?

Thanks a lot in advance

jxx2005
March 1st, 2010, 20:31
1. not enough to be worth getting, original fat or a slim would be best bet

2. i dont know about the speed, i use my PC or my PS3 as i have custom firmware and cant access the PSN store on my psp, and the control layout feels enough like a super nintendo controller that it's alright

3. downloading costs as much as buying the hard copy

4. its called the PSN, if you want a library of illegally copied and uploaded games, you are asking the wrong forum, that said if you want a library of homebrew games and such, this is the right place

5. go is not worth it, in my opinion
get a fat or a slim, not a bright (1000 series or 2000 series, not 3000)