PDA

View Full Version : YES!!! I can finally do more with my MMP!!!

metroplex2k7
July 21st, 2006, 17:02
It's no longer just a music player! I can actually play ROMS now thanks to the Max Overload. I hope this works with most of the Homebrew games, cause I'm an RPG buff, and I really want to try RPG Maker Alpha.

Now if I could just get movies to play decent, and maybe some NES emu's??? Anyone know how to use Retrobox?

Junixx
July 21st, 2006, 17:53
For a NES emu, i reccomend NES DS, it plays all the games i've thrown at it, will full speed and sound, but the bad thing is is that it cant save

As for the movies, use the lastest version of moonshell and this is the compiler and options i use:

BatchDPG v1.0

Video-------

FPS:20
Width: 256
Heigth: 192
Bitrate: 128 (can go higher, ive used 135)
Profile: High

Audio------
Bitrate 128
Samplerate 32000

If you want to raise the video bitrate to 256 though, you will need to lower the FPS to 15, if you want more of one thing, you must lower something else, if you try to max out everything, you'll end up with a dpg file that you cant even really watch

metroplex2k7
July 22nd, 2006, 00:03
I tried the NESDS thing, I get a white screen up top and a black screen that says no roms found on the bottom.

Can you help me? Thanks for the Batch DPG settings, I'll try them and let you know.

But please help me with the NES thing.

metroplex2k7
July 22nd, 2006, 00:05
Oh, remember, i have max media player.

battleroyalex
July 22nd, 2006, 00:40
Is there one that can save? Kinda pointless to make an nes emulator on a PORTABLE SYSTEM that can't save

Junixx
July 22nd, 2006, 04:23
I'm not sure if theres one that can save or not, Nes DS works fine for me, but i am using a hacked GBAMP, not s MMP...so i cant really help you there..

Qerppsmmnx
July 24th, 2006, 21:22
I forgot his name, but this guy is taking over for LOOPY and is working on the NESDS, he said that when he releases it will have the capability to save! HURRAH! and other stuff.

Qerppsmmnx
July 24th, 2006, 21:28
I forgot his name, but this guy is taking over for LOOPY and is working on the NESDS, he said that when he releases it will have the capability to save! HURRAH! and other stuff.