PDA

View Full Version : PSP and Mac?

Man
July 21st, 2006, 18:17
I'm buying a new ibook, and i was wondering if the system for transfering homebrew is the same, i remember hearing that macs wouldnt accept a certain somthing ( i really dont remember) but i was hoping that some one could dispell these thoughts in my head and reassure me that my mca will be able to work with my PSP. :D

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 18:28
firstly there are NO new ibooks
its MACBOOK now

the way to transfer files to the psp through usb is easy simply plug it in and use it.

of course apps made for windows will not work(i hate executables!!) but if you get a mac book, you partition your hard drive, and use boot camp to install windows onto the intel core, and basically have both a mac and a windows OS in one machine

even better would be to buy the virtualisation software by parralels which allows you to run windows within the MAC OS

Man
July 21st, 2006, 18:40
ok thank, i got it now, no executables, thats ok, and i know there not ibooks, i ment i was getting a G4 ibook, not a mac book. but thanks for the help.

Accordion
July 21st, 2006, 18:52
you may as well get a mac book, unless your getting a great deal...
the ibooks are very old

just to clear up, any app made for windows, wont work on mac os

Cooe14
July 21st, 2006, 21:11
Welcome to the mac world (they are all I use) :). Though I would have to suggest getting a refurbised macbook from apple here (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/1.RSLID?mco=E60A57E5&nclm=SpecialDeals) instead of an iBook G4. And transfering apps is just the same.

Man
July 22nd, 2006, 05:33
Ok thanks guys, i bought the ibook for 400$ canadian, it was 1,5GHZ 60gb hard drive, and a 12 inch screen, and also 512mb RAM. so it was a good deal.

Man
July 22nd, 2006, 05:34
thanks for the link

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 05:36
Ok thanks guys, i bought the ibook for 400$ canadian, it was 1,5GHZ 60gb hard drive, and a 12 inch screen, and also 512mb RAM. so it was a good deal.
That's the same computer I am posting on right now ( I also have a MacBook Pro, iMac G5, and a Intel dual core Mac mini.) :). And it works fine for homebrew there is a kxploit type program out there for mac too.

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 05:53
(from a windows user, and PSP programmer's point of view) Mac's are only usable as ashtrays, and footstools.... :p

you should have bought a Dell XPS or somthing! :p

but yeah, you just plug it in, and it appears as a removable drive.. however, as there is dish cache writing on Mac's (pfft!) you do have to drag the removable device to the trashcan before you can unplug it, or you'll risk loosing whatever data hasnt been transfered from the computer's cache to the PSP yet

ACID
July 22nd, 2006, 05:56
Actually all the new Macbooks support windows xp so you should not have a problem.

ACID
July 22nd, 2006, 05:58
I need a new laptop mi area 51 broke well i droped it and fell in mi pool:( Any ideas where i can buy one cheap online:confused:

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 06:01
(from a windows user, and PSP programmer's point of view) Mac's are only usable as ashtrays, and footstools.... :p

you should haev bought a Dell XPS or somthing! :p
Yeah hope you like that spyware infested windows computer :rolleyes: . Anyway after using a Mac for so long trying to use a windows computer is like being a fighter pilot without his jet (mac), and instead he has to use a covered wagon(windows) :p. And Acidburn05 check my link on the first page.

ACID
July 22nd, 2006, 06:04
LOL nice one Cooe14 But there is a reason why PC sales 80% more then Mac. I personaly like them bouth.

Cooe14
July 22nd, 2006, 06:10
But there is a reason why PC sales 80% more then Mac. Price? There is a MacBook for $949 on apple's refurb site (the link on page 1) which is alot cheaper than any AlienWare laptop your going to find.

ACID
July 22nd, 2006, 06:19
will check it out i know mi area 51 was well over 2000 usd. Thanks for the heads up Cooe14 will check it out.

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 06:51
ok check it out, I just bought a Dell XPS 12" with 2ghz dual core, 1gb ram, 256 nvidia 7400, 100gig HD, dvdrw, and windows XP pro.. if you try to compare that with a (new) Mac you'll be in the $3k area, where as, I payed a lot less then that...

and I dont know, its just the functionality to me.. with windows, you truly have access to all features of your comptuer, can easily access system information, and easily do just about anything..

on Mac, you have so many annoying things to do before you get to what your looking for...

Accordion
July 22nd, 2006, 17:18
sorry jman but your talking crap there, you can find anything with one click, and to eject the psp usb you just click a button, that is in your folder menu

Man
August 17th, 2006, 04:48
wow well i ended up not buying a new computer, i bought an xbox 360, but heres why, i went to usedmac.ca, and got a mac book sent the guy half the money, told him to
COD the other bit, then the package never came, so im trying to get my money back, so i can start to save up for an HD TV, screw PC i want a mac, is there any way to make windows run MAC OS ?

NoQuarter
August 17th, 2006, 05:23
Jet fighter huh,try linux and you'll be in a spacecraft!:)

Cooe14
August 17th, 2006, 05:37
Jet fighter huh,try linux and you'll be in a spacecraft!:)
I use linux on my pc. And Man there is no way to run Mac OS well on a PC. But keep checking apple's refurb page everything there is 100% guranteed to work and you get a good warranty. I bought that $949 MacBook :) I am typing on it right now.

NoQuarter
August 17th, 2006, 05:39
What are the specs on that macbook?
Sorry to hear about your laptop acidburn:(

tallica
August 17th, 2006, 20:17
windows is the worst operating system around! Although there are more things compatible with pc the gap is quickly closing as apple have found a way to build universal programs. i used mac all the time and got a pc for school and its shit! why not just buy a mac and have windows and osx on it (even if you wont use xp often)

Video_freak
August 17th, 2006, 20:31
Now that you can run Windows on Macs, it's probably what a lot of people are going to do tallica. The only thing really keeping people from doing that now is the price factor... :(

tallica
August 17th, 2006, 22:40
Which apple have brought down alot. If you look at apples new mac pro quad xeon 64-bit workstation, which is their fastest mac ever, its only $2,499.00 and if you look at windows alteranative it is $1000 more exspensive.

s1k0
August 18th, 2006, 00:36
macs are wack :) dont like them very much only for music production:)

Sirusgamer
August 18th, 2006, 00:56
Yep

dokkie
August 20th, 2006, 20:53
Why use a mac for music production?
U can do that just as well on a pc...
If you like your production to crash a gazillion times, and adding some never asked for kkaasusssshhhh kinda sounds... :)

Accordion
August 20th, 2006, 21:18
funny how so many people make up stuff about macs after seeing one silly video

Cooe14
August 21st, 2006, 18:12
What are the specs on that macbook?
Sorry to hear about your laptop acidburn:(
Processor-1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo.
Memory-512mb DDR2 SDRAM (planning on upgrading to 1gb)
L2 Cache (shared)-2mb
Bus Speed-667mhz.

All in all I really like the computer.

Video_freak
August 21st, 2006, 18:14
funny how so many people make up stuff about macs after seeing one silly video
LMAO. That video pisses me off. It isn't even true... :(

Accordion
August 21st, 2006, 18:24
exactly

Wally
August 22nd, 2006, 04:26
Well to be honest.

I agree with all the mac supporters here..

Im using a Macbook 2.00ghz, 1gb ram and 80gb drive.

Of course they are pricy, its what you expect for a computer that lasts for ever.

I had a powerbook 150 last for 7 years then died due to pins bent inside.

And then an Acer because at the time windows was used everywhere (Still is) but that died after 3 years due to being dropped a few times, the 150 im sure was dropped too but i cant remember.

Im happy with the macbook, although software / Games for macs are scattered all over the next amoungst all the windows crap (including spyware and viruses). Every time i use windows it nearly has a heart attack performance wise then slows down after an hour of use....

So please watch what you are saying, apple have made the notebook market rise by a heap.

Windows just has a few too many holes that need closing.

It makes me wonder why bill gates gets a blue screen nearly everytime he goes to show something

Wally