PDA

View Full Version : Naive noob about Supercard

delueze
July 21st, 2006, 21:22
I apologise in advance if I'm about to ask a really obvious silly question.

Basically, I bought my DS with a supercard and mini-SD card. Everything works fine - I've been watching videos etc and am very happy with it.

However, my brother asked to borrow it, but we've found that it won't work the same on his DS. We both have DS lites - mines an Asian navy blue and his a UK white. When I use the supercard on mine it brings up the list of stuff on the SD card straight away. However, when I put it in his it brings up the GameBoy Advanced logo first, then goes to list screen, but the list appears as empty. I know very little about homebrew stuff, but is this because my bro's DS needs flashing or something along these lines?

I'm really sorry if this is a dumb question - I've read the noob guides and stuff, but I still don't know....Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatfully received.

zac_531
July 22nd, 2006, 00:11
Im no expert, but maybe he has different firmware? Try upgrading it or check it using the pictochat trick.

shadowcolt22
July 22nd, 2006, 06:15
Do you have a supercard or passme device in the DS slot? You say yours boots ds games? If it does, your ds has been flashed or you have a passme device in the ds slot. Do this to his and it should act the same as yours.

delueze
July 22nd, 2006, 10:05
I see - so does this mean that if I were to use a passme device it wouldn't be necessary to flash the DSL or is the only way to get stuff like this to work to flash it? I'd really like to avoid having to flash it at all costs so there's no horror of bricking it. It seems from all the guides and stuff that it's taken for granted that newbies will know this already, but I, um, don't....!

Vernonjr
July 23rd, 2006, 01:49
delueze, yes if you use a passme, you dont require a flash. Most new passmes (passcard, superkey, max media launcher) are around 20 usd, and they fit in the ds slot perfectly.