PDA

View Full Version : C64 Emulator

Florre
February 1st, 2005, 21:09
Hello everyone!

I was wondering about the c64 emulators available,

DC 64 and Dreamfrodo are the only ones am i corecct?

I dont think i anyone of theese are 95% + perfect in both Speed and sound so what i wonder is , is there any c64 emu available that is that good ? I dont think so but im not sure ;) And if not? Will it be hard to optimize the code in some of the available emus for c64 ?

Thanks in advance // Florian

obelisk
February 1st, 2005, 22:05
frodo is the newest one i believe.
i ran it, i haven't tried it lately.
How can you think that they don't run that good if you haven't even tried them?
or do you mean "which is 95+ % perfect."?? you should try for yourself.
as far as "is it gonna be hard to optimize the code?"
It would be hard for me, yes, but i don't know you, so you should take a look at the source if you're able to and if it's open.

Florre
February 1st, 2005, 22:30
Okey obelisk.

No thats true, maybe i should try the emulators myself, i have only read the emulators homepages about the current speed/sound emulation in the emus.

Unfortunatly i do not know how to code/program so looking into the source wouldnt really help me very much :-/ I just wanted to hear dc scene programmers thoughts about what i asked......

Thanks anyway ::)

qatmix
February 1st, 2005, 23:18
Dreanfrodo is full speed and an excellent emu

Florre
February 1st, 2005, 23:24
It is ? Okey, if you say so then ill will try it ! ;)

obelisk
February 1st, 2005, 23:59
qatmix, which version of frodo dc do you prefer?

GPF
February 2nd, 2005, 00:24
I prefer dcfrodo. but i haven't tried the other one :)

Zherae
February 4th, 2005, 22:11
DreamFrodo isn't fullspeed and alot of games don't run or run with very nasty bugs. Examples Last Ninja and R-Type.

Florre
February 5th, 2005, 00:09
Okey boys, i have tried it now and..... as Zherae says it isnt fulll speed :(

DCDayDreamer
February 5th, 2005, 15:05
The thing to remember with Dreamfrodo is that it emulates a PAL C64, the very best results will be achieved on a PAL DC running at 50Hz video mode, it won't be as smooth running at 60Hz.
It also depends on which version of the emulator you use and the settings you choose, it's not a straight forward boot up and play fullspeed emu. The standard version of the emu is fullspeed, the precise cycle version can be slower with better compatability, don't just boot it up with one or two games and expect it to be perfect straight away (mess about with the settings a bit and you'll be surprised ;)).

spinal
February 17th, 2005, 01:09
Do any c64 emu's run CreaturesII or Mayhem in monsterland yet?