PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM and BS2 for DC?

Pavlik
February 9th, 2005, 21:03
I saw that newest ver. of ScummVM is compatible with Broken Sword 2. I tried polish ver. (that I have) with PC emu and it working fine (there are polish signs), and I have a questions. *

1. There is a save option in DC ver. to VMS (and how many blocks is needed to save)?

2. Polish ver. of BS2 will not crash emulation on DC (You know - polish signs)?

MetaFox
February 9th, 2005, 21:24
1. There is a save option in DC ver. to VMS (and how many blocks is needed to save)? Yes. I don't remember. Keep 40 blocks open to be safe, and you should be fine as I'm positive it's not more than that. ;)

2. Polish ver. of BS2 will not crash emulation on DC (You know - polish signs)?It's not going to crash due to being written in Polish.

It does crash however in a few spots. There are certain cutscenes that causes the Dreamcast to freeze up. These are able to be skipped by presing ESC on either a real keyboard or the onscreen one. Also, you cant insert disc 2 when disc 1 is over, so it's not completable.

Pavlik
February 9th, 2005, 22:38
I have only one CD and it is a full version of Broken Sword 2 so if I will always skip cutscenes (I must know where they are to do it fast? it is possibble?) I will be able to finish whole game (in theory ofcourse)?

DCDayDreamer
February 10th, 2005, 20:22
I've not tried BS2 for a while on the DC so I've got a few questions for you MetaFox (if you don't mind ;))...

Which version of ScummVM gives you the results you've posted about?.

Might it be possible to encode smaller cutscenes (edited)?, just curious if it'll prevent any crashes, I know it'll take something away from the story but I just want to see if it'll work.

Is there any way of saving the game at the end of disc 1 and then booting ScummVM again, loading disc 2 and reverting to the save?

MetaFox
February 10th, 2005, 21:28
I've not tried BS2 for a while on the DC so I've got a few questions for you MetaFox (if you don't mind ;))...

Which version of ScummVM gives you the results you've posted about?.A pre-0.7.0 CVS build. The BS2 build on this site should be similar.

Might it be possible to encode smaller cutscenes (edited)?, just curious if it'll prevent any crashes, I know it'll take something away from the story but I just want to see if it'll work.The actual cutscenes aren't supported on ScummVM DC. The ones I'm talking about are in the actual engine itself, so no.

Is there any way of saving the game at the end of disc 1 and then booting ScummVM again, loading disc 2 and reverting to the save?Nope, I tried. Disc swapping isn't supported at all, or at least wasn't when I last tried it.

You might be able to swap in disc 2 while disc 1 is still reading at the end of disc 1 before the loading screen comes up, but I wouldn't recommend it.

DCDayDreamer
February 11th, 2005, 20:50
Thanks for all the info MetaFox :).