PDA

View Full Version : quick questions about the g6 lite.

dkjr83
July 22nd, 2006, 01:35
Hey everyone. I just started homebrewing on my DS and so far am loving it. I've got an M3 and Passcard (the newest version). I've gotten everything working just great but now I'm thinking of getting a g6 lite.

A couple of questions before I invest;
First, will it work with my Passcard?

Second, the 4 gigibyte (don't know if that's right), how many mbs is that?

Thirdly, if I've been able to run everything well on my M3 will it be easy to get started on the G6 lite? Any differences between the process of installing homebrew on these would be helpful info.

And lastly, is this thing out yet? On the divineo website it says pre-order but it also says the release date was june 30th.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help and hopefully I will be as pleased with the G6 as I have been the DS homebrew scene in general thus far.

The Hombrew Hunter
July 22nd, 2006, 01:58
That's 512 MB...

I dunno I don't think it's out.

shadowcolt22
July 22nd, 2006, 16:36
Yeah G6 Lite only has 512MB. That's not very much. It's not 4 gigabyte either, it's 4 gigabit. 4 gigabit = 512 mb. If your into homebrew and developing and that's your main thing, I would suggest waiting for the supercard lite which is comming out either by the end of this month or early next month. If you just want to play games, I would suggest EZ4 Lite over G6. You know if the only thing you're going to use you card for is homebrew, then maybe the g6 is for you. I need at least 1 gigabyte because I store my GBA and DS games on top of homebrew and emulators. I even used to use my ds for movies and music too. I had a 2 gigabyte card. I got an mp3 player for my music and movies fix, and downgraded to 1gigabyte aand am still having trouble fitting all my stuff on there. Also, for places to order the g6 lite, check there official web site for links. I live in the US, so I don't know if the places I order from will help u

Quay Cur
July 22nd, 2006, 17:40
gamersection.ca told me they'd have the english version of the G6 lite by the end of the month. i also saw something about july 27 somewhere, GBAtemp forums maybe. i'm anxious to get it, but i think i'm gonna wait a bit for some reviews to pop up.

Mazza
July 22nd, 2006, 19:34
Divineo.cn will have them on the 27th

trib4lmaniac
July 23rd, 2006, 20:00
i'm anxious to get it, but i think i'm gonna wait a bit for some reviews to pop up.
http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=48

I think I'll be getting one of these ASAP :)
There was another review around somewhere as well. I'll post it if I find it.

Edit: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34239