PDA

View Full Version : Older firmware psp advice

icelandismine
July 22nd, 2006, 01:43
I've seen several people looking for PSP's with older firmware since they upgraded needlessly to 2.71.

While, besides doing a rather useless plug for my company, this is something that not many people know, or are comfortable taking advantage of, but it typically isn't any problema t all.

Go to a GameStop/EB Games, and if they are not busy (and you have the money to pick up the system in question if you find it), ask if they'll let you go through a couple of their systems for a downgradable firmware version. If they are pretty dead on customers at the moment, they probably won't mind helping you out, even if you let them know what is for.

Be sure to bring a list of what the serial numbers are for the base firmware of new psp's are htough, since you can't the systems for that.

pokemon_4_life_ese
July 22nd, 2006, 01:50
yeah thats what im planning on doing with my uncle because he wants to buy my cousin a PSP today but im going to give him some serial numbers so he can choose a version that is downgradable

NoQuarter
July 22nd, 2006, 02:03
Great advice,thats exactly what I did for myself after I broke my first psp and took it in for the warranty agreement I paid for at EB.I have also shown two of my friends this "trick"

Zion
July 22nd, 2006, 02:08
hmmm... :D

SSaxdude
July 22nd, 2006, 04:50
Long live downgradeable PSPs!
I just had to say that.

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 05:51
also, look for a used system, sometimes they are still 1.5 - 2.0