PDA

View Full Version : help running rin

sebweb
July 22nd, 2006, 02:59
i lieraly just dongraded to 1.50 from 2.6 5 minutes ago and i tried playing the original rin and homers rin and i keep getting this error

This game could not be started
(80020001)

how do i fix that

under_0ath777
July 22nd, 2006, 03:31
play 1.5 files, the folder will have NAME% and NAME folders

sebweb
July 22nd, 2006, 03:47
it sais that it is compatible with 1.5

jwilds73
July 22nd, 2006, 04:39
You must use Kxploit of Sei PSP Tool to convert the 1.0 Eboot to a 1.5 Eboot for your PSP. You can not directly copy the folder over and run the emu. Again you need Kxploit or Sei PSP Tool.

jman420
July 22nd, 2006, 05:42
heh, if the feds see that you are running Azureus, they can track your IP and shut ya down :P

all you have to do is remove the DATA.PSP file, rename it to EBOOT.PBP and build a second EBOOT containing the PARAM.SFO and one other file (audio, background, icon, whatever..) then put the DATA.PSP changed to EBOOT in a folder named RIN on your psp in the games folder, and the other EBOOT (the one with the PARAM) in a second folder in the game folder, named RIN%.. The way this works is, the game data shows up as the coruppted file, and the other is just the images, and loading system.. but since the folder this is in has a % at the end, it activates a system error, and forces the program to load from the other folder...

the EBOOTS can be taken apart and created using a program called PBPUnpacker (search google)

GeEkPiE
July 22nd, 2006, 11:53
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh RIN, the first bit of homebrew i ever had on my psp.