PDA

View Full Version : playstation emu for the Dc

gymguy24
February 6th, 2005, 04:48
I know we had bleem and pcsxdc also just wandering why no other emu s were tried like epsxe http://www.epsxe.com/ is it even possible im not sure not a coder just wanted to know everyone s take on this if anyone has the time or is willing to try this i will email the author, there hasent been a release in some time and as of now it is not open source maybe an email from a fan of the dc scene showing that there is still an intrest in playstation emulation be it on the pc or dc would change there mind well let me know whats up guys,
later

Eric
February 6th, 2005, 05:51
i thought Pcsx was basically the same as epsxe of course i will probably find out in a reply

curt_grymala
February 6th, 2005, 16:15
Here are two possible reasons why EPSXE was never ported to the Dreamcast. I don't know which reason is the correct one, but I would be willing to bet that it has something to do with one or both of them:

1) It might not be open-source
2) It's written in something other than C or C++, so it's not possible to port it without completely re-writing it from scratch (at which point it's no longer a port, it's a completely new emu).

quzar
February 6th, 2005, 17:15
no source no port.

that being said there are maybe one or two other open source psx emulators out there, but they arent very portable. pcsx was only even ported because the author wanted it to be.