PDA

View Full Version : trouble with m3

pno05
July 22nd, 2006, 14:56
ok i got my M3 and passcard 3 today and have got it working but i don't know how to change what game i am playing without turning off and on, i have tried holding a+b+l+r but it doesn't work.

also when i turn on it tells me that there is a GBA save for Ruby but there is a problem with it, i have not loaded any GBA games or saves, is this supposed to happen?

i am using firmware 22

any help will be greatly apperciated

SSaxdude
July 22nd, 2006, 18:19
I used to have that GBA save for Ruby message come up, now it doesn't. As for switching games without turning off the system, it only works with GBA games.

Mr_Biggs
July 22nd, 2006, 21:08
wrong. all you have to do when transferring DS games to your media card is select software reset in the game manager. to reset, you hold L+R+X+A+B at the same time. the only game i know that it doesnt work with is mario kart. good luck!

cloud_952
July 23rd, 2006, 12:56
You get rid of the GBA save problem by loading another GBA game and having it overwrite the savefile that's in the battery-backup RAM on the m3. O_o In short, just put a GBA game on it through the Game Manager, load that game, play/whatever, turn it off, then reboot your system. It'll update THAT GBA game's save file, and you're done.

My m3 didn't have that problem, but my brother's did. O_o I'm guessing they use Ruby.gba to test the cart to make sure it works.

pno05
July 23rd, 2006, 13:52
cool thanks for the replies, thats all my problems sorted now:D