PDA

View Full Version : Neo4all

quzar
January 18th, 2005, 15:42
I'm seriously not trying to be a d!ck about it or anything, but what happened? I was gone for a month, and i assumed that when i came back, there would have been a second public release of FAME, and Neo4all. I tried looking for news about it, but i can't seem to find any. I tried e-mailing chui and go no answer, and I also made a post on talfi.net about it with no response.

what happened? did he say anything about maybe getting backed up in work or something?

thanks to anyone who has info.

fox68k
January 18th, 2005, 16:56
Hi quzar,

well, there was a second release of FAME, of course, in alpha dev state, but here (http://perso.wanadoo.es/orayo/fame/fame.zip) is, published and announced sometime ago.

About neo4all i can say that chui is waiting (and getting bored waiting) for a quite stable version of FAME. The lastest release is not bad, but not good enough either. I have detected a bug with the DIV instructions in SH-4 version that i am trying to fix at the moment.

I hope you get pleased with this info. More news about FAME soon.

Cheers.

quzar
January 18th, 2005, 17:00
oh ok. i was just wondering because Chui had kind of stopped my development of neodc when he announced neo4all would be released on christmas with full sfx.

ok. thank you. by the way, is that newer than the one you sent me?

fox68k
January 18th, 2005, 17:55
well, his intention was to release neo4all in christmas, but fame is not bug free yet and therefore Metal Slug series are not working perfectly. Neo4all has currently sound and good speed, but still needs some work.
Chui wants a fast Z80 core for it. Z80 seems to be a serious bottleneck with the available Z80 cores for the DC.

Some bugs were removed from FAME from the version i sent you by email, so try that out. It should work ok with a large amount of neogeo cd games.

wraggster
January 18th, 2005, 18:14
Thanks for the update fox68k

quzar
January 18th, 2005, 22:41
i dont understand how he doesnt have it fullspeed yet. i already have a working z80 core in NeoDC along with c68k and it runs fine =\. Still need to tweak that sound generation code though =P

anyways, thank you very much for the updates.

Sakuragi
January 19th, 2005, 08:36
a war for the first good neogeo cd emulator with sound ? ;D

quzar
January 19th, 2005, 09:58
a war for the first good neogeo cd emulator with sound ? *;D
war?? what are you trying to start??

its more of a race :P

fox68k
January 21st, 2005, 04:10
Hi quzar,

there is something you should know about C68k. According to Chui tests it looks like there is a clock cycle leaking inside C68k. This is, it runs less cycles than the requested to, but it seems to run all of them. Chui detected this sometime ago, then i asked BA in order to understand what was going on there, and later i talked with Stef. He said that the clock cycle leaking could be probably a timing bug.
C68k runs in every emulate call less cycles so this way it gets the emulator underclocked. This is not a problem in the vast majority of games, like chui and me could check (at least in neo geo cd).

If you want more info about this, try to contact Chui.

It would be nice if Stef could fix this behaviour in his excellent emulator.

Cheers.