PDA

View Full Version : Will there ever be a psp emulator?

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 22:26
I was curious to see if you guys think there will ever be a psp emu for pc? The only one pspe is crap and only runs very basic homebrew. It would be nice to see an emu with flash emulation for devs to test. Even if it doesnt run isos, homebrew would be nice and be a good way to test.

cloud_952
July 23rd, 2006, 23:05
I figure there will be.. many, many years from now. ^_^ At least if we're talking about anything that's going to be remotely decent and act like a PSP. As it stands, they're still working on ironing out GBA emulation, which is a system that came out quite awhile ago. I have no doubt that as computers get better, so will emulation of the PSP, and I'm sure that someday in the distant future, they'll have PSP games running full speed on the PC just like the SNES. But by that time, it won't be a practical alternative to the actual PSP, since the PSP won't really be used anymore. The problem is, it's really complex, and a very powerful system.

TeamOverload
July 23rd, 2006, 23:07
Good points. It is too bad though, as it would really help devs.

Look at the ds emus. Although they arent great, at least there are quite a few actually being worked on.

NoQuarter
July 24th, 2006, 03:10
Well if the existing psp emulator could load dev hook I dont see why a fully working emu might not appear.Don't know if it can load devhook though.

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 03:40
It barely loads tetris, I HIGHLY, HIGHLY doubt it loads devhook.

DPyro
July 24th, 2006, 04:12
You'll have to wait and see :rolleyes:

NoQuarter
July 24th, 2006, 04:53
Oh well, we can always hope.Don't really know if it would be a good thing if it did-less people would buy a psp:(

The Hombrew Hunter
July 24th, 2006, 06:21
Bullsmacks! People would buy it for kickass old school portable.

JKKDARK
July 24th, 2006, 14:51
Well, I don't have a PSP. :D

TeamOverload
July 24th, 2006, 16:45
Like I said, you could always make an xmb/homebrew emulator with no iso support for devs to develop and test.