PDA

View Full Version : Question Time: Should Sony pack up there PSP and Go?

wraggster
March 8th, 2010, 18:22
Spotted this on another forum, lets see what people think:

Sega was brave enough to know when to stop making systems ( I wish they didn't ) but they knew financially it was the smartest thing to do. Sony is doing very well with there PS3 but we all know that they should give up on handhelds, go to any store and we see very little PSP games on the shelf.

Its a GREAT MACHINE but they made an error when MOST of there games were ALREADY played on the PS2 and when they gave an option to hook up a PSP to to your TV they just shot there OTHER FOOT.

Why would we want to play games from PS2 on PSP on TV, when already we have or HAD on PS2 for TV???

When Sony decided to go into the HAND HELDS they should have waited till developers would have games EXCLUSIVE ( only for PSP ).

The proof of Sony's PSP ERROR is on the SUCCESS of Nintendo's DS / DS LIGHT , besides that Nintendo has been the KING of HAND HELDS lets just COMPARE this situation between Sony PSP and Nintendo's DS / DS LIGHT.

Sony has a TV CONSOLE ( PS3 ) and a HAND HELD ( PSP ) but MORE than 80% of there games are ALREADY on PS2.

Nintendo also a TV CONSOLE ( Wii ) and also like Sony a HAND HELD yet...more then 90% of there games are not on the Wii or even WERE on the GAMECUBE.

So the MORAL of a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS story is if one decides to make a ( NEW VIDEO GAME SYSTEM ) then one should not MOSTLY transfer games from there ( OLDER SYSTEMS ).

Because a ( VIDEO GAME ) system is not as powerful has whats UNDER the hood but by the power of the GAMES and in Sony's case there POWER of games we already seen / played them on PS2.

Ok now what about the PSP GO? Well I'll try and make this one short

It seems many believe Sony is trying to get into the DIGITAL GAMING world with there PSP GO.

Well it takes them money to MASS PRODUCE the games on UMD's and then when retail stores seem not be able to sell ENOUGH then WE ALL LOOSE especially the DEVELOPERS and Sony, when there not selling enough of there games on Regular PSP.

So what if Sony though of a way to ( SAVE MONEY from mass producing UMD's ) and if not enough gamers are buying there games they didn't loos money on MASS PRODUCING on whats not going to sell ENOUGH of??...and this PROBLEM is what gave birth to PSP GO.

Now they just have developers make the games ( PROGRAMS ) that don't need investing on MASS PRODUCTION and if no one buys there games from there PlayStation®Home then they were able to SAVE money and VIDEO GAME STORES also don't loose INVESTING on products that don't sell ENOUGH of.

So Sony is not trying to get into the DIGITAL GAMING world..there just trying not to get lost in the GAMING world of HAND HELD's

May The Games Be With You!!

VampDude
March 8th, 2010, 22:18
No, SONY shouldn't pack up their PSP.

Aslong as the games sell and there is support for the console in both UMD and downloadable form, I don't really care. Even that I can purchase a small handful of the games on the PS2, it's a portable device which makes gaming that much more fun, instead of being sat in your room for the day when you could be going somewhere on the train in the time it would take to play the game for a decent time and then be doing something in the meantime.

I own both Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories on the PSP and PS2, which I can honestly say the PSP versions are better. Also OutRun 2006, which I originally played as an ISO before purchasing both the PS2 and PSP versions because I read about interconnectivity unlockables. The PSP was supposed to be compatible with the PS2, which is why there are a few similar games, but somewhere along the line it was scrapped and the PS3 became the compatible system with the PlayStation Store which is where all the new games will come from when SONY discontinue publishing UMD titles... Never the end of the PSP, no UMD's doesn't mean they are saving on the publication costs, it just means they are where they intended on being from the beginning.

- - -

It's a good thing Wraggster didn't include a source for the post, because I would like to point out the bad spelling and grammar. With the authors over excessive use of "there" where "their" should have been used, also lose has only one 'O' otherwise it's the same as saying "the monkeys are loose" and we have to catch them... Mini (pointless) rant over.

slaanesh
March 8th, 2010, 22:51
They should open it up and let any dev go for it.
It would become very popular again.
Open up an appstore like the iphone and it would rock.